Ladies Camera Club

28 Apr 2014

8 girls in a house

For a fair few years, I have taken me and my craft supplies off to a holiday cottage of choice and spent time with craft minded friends.  From Penrith to the Yorkshire moors, to Devon and now the Cotswolds.  It was probably the nicest house out of the lot of them (although the one in Devon was a close second).

I drove my friend Sheilagh and I down on the crappiest friday traffic in the history of M6 shitness.  Stopping briefly for conveniences at Tamworth where we bumped into Russell Grant - i was star struck!!!  For about 3.4 seconds and then we continued our journey.  We arrived to the most beautiful Barn conversion in Pitchcome Hamlet and to a warm reception from the other who had arrived earlier.


Crafting, laughter and eating ensued for the entire weekend.  I decided to stretch my legs a little and went on a personal adventure with my camera on the Saturday and fell in love with little vistas of my own......




I arrived back, crafted, ate and laughed some more! here is a little summary of my makes:
Taking inspiration from some art Id seen earlier in the day.  All hand paint and hand cut/drawn


Cork is my new fave


Vellum hearts for a special friend


Hello, Deer ;)


More hearts using my own design stamps


My friend Krystle took this pic of me mid creation


I was pleased with everything I had made, conversations I had joined in with, adventures on mystery tour walks in the stunning valley of Pitchcombe Hamlet/Painswick.  And then, before long, it was time to part company from this group of loveliness:

 and home to my sweet loves, including this little toe rag who missed me like bloody crazy:


Sadly, my craft retreat weekends may have come to an end but crafting won't; full stop.  Crafting and I are at one with the universe and glue is my best friend!


BritBlog
Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket
wigan, model photography, portfolio photographer wigan, photographer lancashire, urban photographer, wigan camera club, dslr training, photography training, makeover photography, north west photographer, model portfolios, head shots, wigan, photographer, photographer wigan, photographer in wigan,  boudoir photography, make over photography, wedding photographer wigan, family photographer wigan, model headshots, model portfolio wigan, newborn photgorapher, fine art photographer, childrens photographer wigan

2 comments:

Debo said...

What an amazing place to stay! Glad you had a good time- you can't beat a break with your girlfriends! But it is lovely to get home to your family too.

Deb
X

Jaki Morris said...

It was fab, wasn't it?