Ladies Camera Club

14 Feb 2014

Inked

Regardless what your thoughts are about Tattoos, sometimes there are necessary forms of branding that are worth being stabbed a million times with a super sharp needle.  When I was 21, I had a tattoo done on - wait for it - my right butt cheek.  I don't even regret it, namely because I barely ever see it.  I think my Father wasn't overly impressed (I was holidaying with them, wearing a bikini!!!) but seeing as I was 21 at the time, in a stable career and not pregnant/a drug user/a murderer - I figured it was hardly a crime.

Fast forward 22 years to this week and I have thought long and hard about paying another visit to the butcher.  I mean Tattoo bar.  This is what I am going with. 

A daily reminder to let go of the stuff I do NOT need in my life.  Empty the clutter every waking moment and freeing my mind for other fabulous stuff.  I'm so ready for this, I really am.  Its hard 'letting go' but I am convinced I can do it with this permanent permission that I have given myself.  And then the two birdies represents another meaning buuuuut that's for me and my pea sized brain.

Let it go, People...... LET IT GO.


wigan, model photography, portfolio photographer wigan, photographer lancashire, urban photographer, wigan camera club, dslr training, photography training, makeover photography, north west photographer, model portfolios, head shots, wigan, photographer, photographer wigan, photographer in wigan,  boudoir photography, make over photography, wedding photographer wigan, family photographer wigan, model headshots, model portfolio wigan

3 comments:

Debo said...

Such wise words, as always!

I'm not into the whole 'sleeve' effect of tattoos but I think the delicate ones (like yours) can look really pretty and feminine , a little like the henna tattoos (which I made sure I had when we went to Marrakesh last year! Shocked my kids, that's for sure, even though it wasnt permanent!) Hubby would love me to have one on my butt cheek (NOT like Cheryl Cole!!!!)but not sure if I could cope with the pain!!!

Good luck - and I'll try to remember ...Let It Go

Debbie x

Debo said...

Such wise words, as always!

I'm not into the whole 'sleeve' effect of tattoos but I think the delicate ones (like yours) can look really pretty and feminine , a little like the henna tattoos (which I made sure I had when we went to Marrakesh last year! Shocked my kids, that's for sure, even though it wasnt permanent!) Hubby would love me to have one on my butt cheek (NOT like Cheryl Cole!!!!)but not sure if I could cope with the pain!!!

Good luck - and I'll try to remember ...Let It Go

Debbie x

Barbara said...

Must admit I do like tattoos but haven't had the nerve to get one done yet and at 51 I might just be a tad too late.
I used to watch some of the tattoo programmes about the artists and my favourite was Louis Molloy in Manchester who did Beckhams!
Your tattoo looks very feminine and will look lovely Kirsty, go for it!!!!