Ladies Camera Club

15 Nov 2013

Freaking out

In ten days, this cherub turns 18.

Eight friggin teen.

I'm so happy in a million ways and heart broken in a billion. Many of my regular blog readers will, perhaps, empathise with that.  Her journey has been an education, to put it mildly.

I just want for her to be happy and actually, she is.  She's loved and cared for.  She's looked after magnificently.  She's developing into a very thoughtful young lady but her development does have limitations.  I get so mad that there are systems in place for many extra needs kids but none for her.  I feel she has missed out on so much because of no access to advice on how to best lead her.  It's made us a bit nutty and understandably quite guarded.

I'm shooting her 18th portrait next week and we cannot wait.  This was her 16th which is one of my absolute favourites.

This was around her 14th

And her 15th

We've planned a makeover and a fancy frocking up for the shoot with some fun thrown in for good measure.  That's if I can refrain from blubbing my eyes out thoughout the entire event.

2 comments:

Carole Z said...

Wow Kirsty, I can't believe Ellie is going to be 18..thanks for sharing these lovely photos - looking forward to seeing the results of her birthday shoot..wishing Ellie a wonderful birthday! Hugs Carole Z X

Bumblebee said...

Ellie is a beautiful person, and a pleasure to be around. You've done a fab job raising her.x