Ladies Camera Club

6 Oct 2013

Hey there, world....Im still here!

Its been a mad few weeks.  Ive been working on so much product photography of late, I forget what its like to take picture of humans!  Humans are my favourite, though - they talk to me!

Take, for instance, this little love........
Im sure you maybe aware but I have a fascination and love of Ballet.  My mum could never afford to send me as a girl but its never stopped me admiring it.  Take Courtney, here.  She is 15 and has been dancing for 13 years.  I wanted to trial ballet photography without the usual plie poses and other such cheesy ballet photography.  I want to hone in my repertoire to fine art slash urban ballet photography.  We went on location for this, off the beaten track a little and here are three of my favourite images from the session:


Making use of the natural setting for artistic poses


the colours of Autumn makes my heart delight, here


Ive taken so many images over the past few weeks but sometimes I am requested not to share.  Plus I have a stack to edit.  These will have to do for now ;)

On a personal front, Im almost at -28lbs down from the start of summer.  One of the main reasons why I restarted slimming for the 3864276356724 time was writhing around on the floor on shoots and being so uncomfortable.  Now things are getting much easier and I don't feel so hot and useless as much.  I use the SW eating plan but have had to stop going to meetings so regularly as my London work schedule is erratic.  But its ok, you  know.  I can manage this at home.  Still a little way to go, mind, but what I do find that helps, is cutting out wheat.  Now there lies a story.

Ellie and I are off to Florence soon to celebrate her 18th birthday.  We are going with my Mum and Mark's Mum.  She is beyond excited because, well, Italy is abundant with ice cream and pasta - a menu made in heaven for her.

Im still at Bid TV!  The shows are running at 0745 on a Tuesday and a Thursday.  Tuesday is live and Thursdays are pre-records.  I have such a scream with the crew on pre-records.  I mean to the point of almost passing out.  Its a wonderful part of my working week and it has brought many gorgeous opportunities my way.  The audience is growing from relatively new crafters but there are bargains to be had with you seasoned ones!

The band Im helping out with have been given a huge amount of gig dates for the next few weeks.  If any of you northerners fancy a night of really GREAT music, check out their website here for their gig dates and links to sound cloud - just so you can get to love their music.

Moving forward now, I've got so much on my mind and to do list.  Emotionally I am a wreck.  Since last Monday up to today I have had so much going through my head.  A lot to process but its not making sense.  I need to take stock but physically I am soldiering on - its all about balance, right?!

Hope to see you all again soon with more shenanigans.

wigan, model photography, portfolio photographer wigan, photographer lancashire, urban photographer, wigan camera club, dslr training, photography training, makeover photography, north west photographer, model portfolios, head shots, wigan, photographer, photographer wigan, photographer in wigan,  boudoir photography, make over photography, wedding photographer wigan, family photographer wigan, model headshots, model portfolio wigan, gareth doe park studios park road

4 comments:

karen said...

Lovely set of images, love the last one especially.

Louise said...

great pics Kirsty....good luck sorting everything out and well done with the weight loss x

Chris said...

Hi Kirsty, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Debo said...

Great to hear from you again! Florence with the girls - WOW! But how can Ellie be 18 already????