Ladies Camera Club

11 May 2013

Loving what I do

I love my creative time - when I find it. Lucky for me, I found some time and this week I sat myself down and created some more samples for my demo's with Woodware and Stix 2.  They are a marriage made in heaven and clearly make my creative heart sing.

This hyacinth stamp is BEAUTIFUL and had me intricately cutting out the gaps between the blooms.  "Therapeutic" sprung to mind and I was so proud of myself for not chopping a finger off with a surgical blade.  I used approx 3.2 million miniscule 3d foam pads from Stix 2 (have you seen them? They literally are the size of amoeba and great for tight little spaces).


And this delicious little Noahs Ark stamp, again - from Woodware, had me cutting and colouring and masking for AGES.  I decoupaged the stamp, used Spectrum Noir pens to colour it in and then used Stix 2's incredible masking sheets to colour the backdrop and create the clouds.  YOU MUST ask your craft stockists to get these masking sheets in....they are fantastic.  This stamp would make a great nursery wall hanging, too.

For a list of Woodware stockists, go HERE
For a peek at Stix 2 goodies, go HERE

And finally......
I had a promo Wonderland makeover shoot yesterday with Kathryn.  Watching her transformation was incredible.  I made a no-sew frock for her, Billy gave her a gorgeous makeover and I filmed snippets of it for a promo video.  Here are some of my faves:

The no sew dress consists of a body slip (£5), a no sew tulle skirt which is tied into elastic (£8.50), an organza cummerbund - which I knotted at the back) (20p) and a clip on flower (£2).  Who needs Valentino frocks for makeovers? Well, they would be super as he is my fave designer but I dont have a budget of £4735627456 for those frothy frocks!


Anyway ........This is Kathryn, on the left before we gave her a little frosting on the right.

We tried lots of props for some magical, dreamlike moments


She is a wonderful girl - Billy and I adored her


And then a little boudoir which creates a little drama without unnecessary over exposure.


All in all, its been a great week.

And of course the greatness is extended to our Makeover offer of the month.  If you fancy a little makeover session with us, here in Wigan, they are completely FREE of charge.  That's right, the makeover and the making up of the fluffy frock is on US!  Contact me here to make further enquiries!

BritBlogCrafty Blogs
Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket
photography studio hire wigan,  newborn photographer wigan, newborn photography, model photography, portfolio photographer wigan, photographer lancashire, urban photographer, wigan camera club, ladies camera club, dslr training, photography training, makeover photography, north west photographer, model portfolios, head shots, wigan, photographer, photographer wigan, photographer in wigan,  boudoir photography, make over photography, wigan wedding, wedding photographer wigan, family photographer wigan, model headshots, model portfolio wigan

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another masterful transformation.
Pure lush!
Love to the curlygirl
Lulubelle x

Jaki Morris said...

I love the hyacinth stamp, beautiful. Wonderful makeover shots

Have a great weekend
Jakix

Sally-Jo said...

Gorgeous craft make & even more gorgeous photo shoot pics, really love Kathryns black swan-esque pose photo xx

Sue said...

Loving the cards, especially the first one.

Photos as usual are fab.

Debo said...

Wow, Kirsty! I so love your style of cards - you've inspired me to have a playday.
And as for your photos - wow!wow!wow! The dress is stunning, as is Kathryn!

I may have to interrupt my playday to get an estate agent round so I can move to Wigan!!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous, Kirsty! I wish we didn't live so far from you. I'd love to treat my daughter to one of your makeovers xx

Louise said...

your cards are lovely and now i want the arc stamp....:) a beautiful shoot too, the photos are simply gorgeous x

Anonymous said...

Loving it all today... Cards, dress and photo's. Not surprised you love what you do - you do it so well. :-) Jude.x

sarah said...

What a make up transformation!!! Kathryn looks so naturally stunning!! Would your amazing make up artist share some secrets on making the under eye and skin look so fab pretty please?? Am too sorry we don't live nearer for a photo shoot - yours are the best I have seen, and so different to any others, If you ever come Southampton way, would jump at the chance with my daughter!

sarah said...

What a make up transformation!!! Kathryn looks so naturally stunning!! Would your amazing make up artist share some secrets on making the under eye and skin look so fab pretty please?? Am too sorry we don't live nearer for a photo shoot - yours are the best I have seen, and so different to any others, If you ever come Southampton way, would jump at the chance with my daughter!

sarah said...

What a make up transformation!!! Kathryn looks so naturally stunning!! Would your amazing make up artist share some secrets on making the under eye and skin look so fab pretty please?? Am too sorry we don't live nearer for a photo shoot - yours are the best I have seen, and so different to any others, If you ever come Southampton way, would jump at the chance with my daughter!

Bumblebee said...

Love the Noahs Ark (as I'm sure you guessed!) and I used the masking sheet the other day and it was fab!xxxs

Anonymous said...

Thought you might like to know debenhams sell towels with dachshund dogs on them! They are very quirky!!!!

Carole Z said...

Wow Kirsty, ove it all...your cards, a always are fab, I love your design style and as for the no sew dress and transformation photos...well wish I had half your talent! Carole Z

ginny c said...

Beautiful cards, and the photos wow love the dress best wishes ginny xx

EmmGee said...

Do you use a scalpel/craft knife and a glass cutting mat? Cheers.