Ladies Camera Club

2 Apr 2013

English Wine?!!

I was given a bottle of wine this weekend which had been bottled from wine grown on a South Staffordshire vineyard at Bobbington. Not only was it a beautiful gesture from my hosts at Mountain Ash Crafts but it was a lovely surprise. I only thought wine could grow on the southern shores of England, due to warmer climates. So when we opened this tonight, I was't expecting a Sancerre or Chablis. Instead we were knocked for six. It was gorgeous. Like, proper wine and not just some punter who grew grapes for the hell of it.

Needless to say, the bottle didn't last long. And it looks like I'll be nursing a shocking headache in the morning.

A new, new world of wines from England? Who'd have thunk it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the effects of yeast? Serious situations cause for more action hey!!!

Linda said...

In Wessington in Derbyshire there is a new Vinyard, hasnt got a name yet but I can't wait to sample!

Di said...

Wine? Yeast?

Troll off trolley again?

Di xx

Carole Z said...

We have some superb wines here - glad you enjoyed, hope the head wasn't too sore! Carole Z X

Sara said...

Hi Linda, do you mean Amber Valley Wines? I live 10 mins from where they are growing and can't wait to try a sample.....or 5! lol

Jaki Morris said...

There is a vineyard down here in Sussex which makes Champagne. In a blind tasting it beat some of the best French fizz!

Serious situations cause for more action hey!!!

I'll remember that next time I'm in a serious situation rather than just a situation where I am having fun with my family, thanks anonymous.

Jakix

Linda said...

Hi Sara, yes I think that must be it! I've been keeping an eye on the new vines over the winter as we drive by, just to make sure they are surviving he he