Ladies Camera Club

5 Feb 2013

Love, actually

Whenever we are flicking through the channels at home and happen upon Love Actually, we ALWAYS watch it.  Whether its almost finished, half way through or just started - we can't help ourselves.  I just adore it.  It has everything that a girl could want -

Colin Firth



Andrew Lincoln


A poignant opening dialogue:




beautiful music from Craig Armstrong - Glasgow Theme




and, well, love! (my fave scene in the movie - Mark and I say "just in cases" so many times!)




These are my other fave clips:
This one has the most perfect piece of music ever placed in a movie.  Makes me sob and wail like a lost child at a theme park




AND Emma Thompson "finding out she didn't get the necklace part?  Oh my life, it leaves me too heartbroken to speak.  Emma Thompson makes me believe this scene in every choking moment.  Joney Mitchell's "Both Sides" is an iTunes favorite of mine - sadly I cannot embed the video but you can link to it here


This film and The Holiday I could watch forever.

Love
Kirsty  
Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket 
photography studio hire wigan,  newborn photographer wigan, newborn photography, model photography, portfolio photographer wigan, photographer lancashire,
urban photographer, wigan camera club,
ladies camera club, dslr training, photography training, makeover photography, north west photographer, model portfolios, head shots, wigan, photographer, photographer wigan, photographer in wigan,  boudoir photography, make over photography, wigan wedding, wedding photographer wigan, family photographer wigan, model headshots, model portfolio wigan

18 comments:

Maz said...

I walked down the aisle to Glasgow Theme :) and I sob my heart out at the Emma Thompson scene EVERY TIME. x

Anonymous said...

Oh me too!!! Makes me cry everytime. Just love the whole film..... no one scene I could pick out and say was my favourite. Thank you - now I'm going to go to work crying! :-D Jude.x

Anonymous said...

never been addicted myself or considered it a hobby! hope it is not on very often!

Fiona said...

Colin Firth, Phwoar!

Jaki Morris said...

Too funny, I could have written every word of that post.

This is the only film I can guarantee my husband will watch all the way through to the end.

And The Holiday? My friend lives in the area it was filmed and drives the route to work that Cameron Diaz drove her mini down! When I stay with her, we go out looking for Jude in the pub

Jakixx

Kirsty Wiseman said...

Why is there a clip from Evita in there? I swear I never put that in. Blogger knob heads.

Sue said...

I love The Holiday.

Bumblebee said...

The Emma Thompson bit gets me too and Joni Mitchell is perfect. I would love this film SOOOOOO much more if it wasn't peppered with the random bits with the girl from Gavin and Stacey and Martin Freeman. SO embarrassing when you're watching it with your inlaws or children!

Clare said...

The scene with Emma Thompson makes me sob! Proper throat hurting sobs - you really do go through it with her.
Colin Firth is Just amazing in all he does. However, I do have a tiny soft spot for Alan Rickman.
And The Holiday? Well I lubs Jack Black muchly x

Clare said...

The scene with Emma Thompson makes me sob! Proper throat hurting sobs - you really do go through it with her.
Colin Firth is Just amazing in all he does. However, I do have a tiny soft spot for Alan Rickman.
And The Holiday? Well I lubs Jack Black muchly x

Shirley Davis said...

I love the film too - saw it in the cinema with the wrong guy, can now watch it again and again as I have the right guy! And I am approaching 60 going on 26!

Clarky J said...

I too love this fab film and like you will watch it from any part of the film and still be filled with Joy. Emmas pain when she finds out the necklace is not for her is so raw and yet so composed its a stab in the heart feeling for sure.

Anonymous said...

Agree with all (espec the Emma Thomson scene, I could cry thinking about it!) but how could you forget the sexiest man of all! The wonderful Liam Neeson!!!!! Kirsty how could you, lol!!!

Colette X.

Lisa Ambler said...

Kirsty, don't hate me but, on Sunday I was having afternoon tea in Fortnum & Masons and Colin Forth, yes OMG, Colin Firth came in to have afternoon tea!

I went hot and nearly wet myself!!

He had an overcoat on and walked past us with his hands in his pockets - 3 times!!!

I was 5 feet away from COLIN FIRTH!!!

It made my day , I must say!

Afternoon tea was very nice too! I recommend it.

Lisa xxxx

Deanne said...

one of my most favourite british movies - sigh - i too always watch it when its on :)

Di said...

OH YESS!!!!!! Totally agree - love this film too. Di xx

susiesu said...

Thanks Kirsty - I thought it was just me that HAD to watch it every time I found it at whatever stage it was at!!!!! Only discovered The Holiday recently so only seen that one once but I love Jack Black and can watch School of Rock over and over lol Susiesu xxx

Anonymous said...

I like this movie but can't watch it - Emma Thompson's character's storyline upsets me too much. I think it's the only story line that feels unresolved at the end of the movie. And it hurts and upsets me everytime.

Susan x