Ladies Camera Club

18 Dec 2012

Mini shoot mayhem

I decided to test a theory at my recent mini shoots.

Being a photographer is one thing, setting your prices accordingly is another.  In this industry you are constantly being lectured into pricing yourself highly and appear not to "de-value" your worth.  I believe my worth to be "pretty up there" but what you really have to consider is your demographic.  And this is so true - well, for me, it is.

So to understand the market, in my area, I reduced my basic shoot price from £50 to £20 to cushion the blow for Christmas.  I can only afford to this with block bookings.  I honestly thought it would nose dive but it didn't.  My customers were incredibly appreciative of the special price and more surprisingly bought more prints in excess of the deal.  With absolutely no encouragement or sales pressure - nobody needs that at this time of year.

This family took me up on my special offer this weekend.  We didn't do anything majorly fancy.  I just got the kids to hang out on the sofa in my studio.  As it was a mini shoot, I only took 10 pictures and the troops were in and out of the studio in no time at all.  However, the pictures came out so beautifully that they decided to upgrade photo sizes and order extra prints.  I, myself, do not push customers into buying extra prints - sales chatter is often so cheap.  I personally feel that your work, commitment and customer care should speak for itself.

Here are the two images that won the day.  Such beautiful people and all so genuinely happy.



And, of course, there is always time for a bit of fun


My mini shoot offer ends on Thursday, call me on 07788 994046 to make your booking in time for christmas prints and last minute gifts for your nearest and dearest.

Love
Kirsty  
photography studio hire wigan,  newborn photographer wigan, newborn photography, model photography, portfolio photographer wigan, photographer lancashire,
urban photographer, wigan camera club,
ladies cameraclub, dslr training, photography training, makeover photography, north west photographer, model portfolios, head shots, wigan, photographer, photographer wigan, photographer in wigan, wigan studio hire, boudoir photography, make over photography, wigan wedding, wedding photographer wigan, family photographer wigan, model headshots, model portfolio wigan
Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket    Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket

2 comments:

Jaki Morris said...

What a lovely family, such straight and shiny hair!

Love the tash on the lad, it really suits him

Jakix

Judi said...

Fabulous as always xx