Ladies Camera Club

14 Nov 2012

Pretties

Its been an odd little day, nothing went as planned but it was fun all the same.  Best part of today was an 8 hour slow cooked braised steak dinner.  My slow cooker gets a real beating at this time of year and you cannot beat braised steak that melts in your mouth with lovely soft potatoes which has also braised for 3 hours in the same pot.   
Lovely, comforting, homely.

I took a delivery of a leather couch at the studio today.  I need a comfy area for my clients to hang out as I faff with lighting between shots.  That was unexpected but most of all, it was dirt cheap.  We like dirt cheap bargains.  Ive yet to share images of my studio, I'm thinking I will do that tomorrow.

I had oodles of calls, today, too and I finished off odds and ends on the Mac.  Which, incidentally, gave me a white screen of death on Saturday..... could have died.  Its OK now, though and I only lost 6 hours work.  Last thing is that I am waiting to finish a wonderful project for a UK craft manufacturer which has been packed with lots of hours work and attention - its been a labour of love and I'm so proud of it. Then I'm going to fly into the Christmas photo rush at the studio.

Did I manage to breathe in there?  I'm sure I did.

I'll leave you with two pretty cards that I managed to rustle up before I walked the dog (Gangnam style, don't you know that's the new dog walking rage?!)

Why not check out the washi tape over here ?



I used my little scooter stamp that I created for Personal Impressions here, its so dinky and cute


Right, need to get orf this Mac before it spontaneously combusts again :(

Love
Kirsty  
wigan photographer, photographer wigan, photographer in wigan, wigan studio hire, boudoir photography, make over photography, wigan wedding, wedding photographer wigan, family photographer wigan, photography studio hire wigan, north west photographer, newborn photographer wigan, newborn photography, model photography, portfolio photographer wigan, photographer lancashire, urban photographer, wigan camera club, ladies camera club, dslr training, photography training, makeover photography, north west photographer, model portfolios, head shots, wigan

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful creations Kirsty.

xx

Lee said...

Hi Kirsty!
Can you please share your slow cooker braised steak recipe?? It sounds fab and I like that its an 8hr one, as that will be perfect for me to put on before I head to work for the day!
Cheers,
Lee from Australia
(lalalee from old SIS days!!)
:)

Lee said...

Hi Kirsty!
Can you please share your slow cooker braised steak recipe?? It sounds fab and I like that its an 8hr one, as that will be perfect for me to put on before I head to work for the day!
Cheers,
Lee from Australia
(lalalee from old SIS days!!)
:)

Lee said...

Hi Kirsty!
(sorry if this posts twice - I think blogger ate my previous attempt!)
I was wondering if you can please share your braised meat recipe - I would love to make something like that which can be popped in the slow cooker beofre I go to work and be ready when I get home - some recipes have much shorter cook times which don't fit in with my schedule usually.
THANKS!
Lee from Australia
(lalalee from SIStv days!!)
:)

Jaki Morris said...

I think you'd better post that braised steak recipe pretty soon!

Love the top car, at first I thought it was a decorated bag, I made a few of those for a craft fair and they sold well
As always, I love your stuff clever lady

Take care
Jakix

Sue said...

Both fab cards.

Glad your hectic life is still allowing you some fun.

Alison Horne said...

Hi Kirsty, that shot of the little girl is fantastic. My gorgeous neice is expecting twins in dec/Jan, wish we were nearer you to come for a shoot.x