Ladies Camera Club

26 Sep 2012

Weekend Photography Retreat

As I transit between studios (from small to large and nearer home) I've been thinking about how I can use the spare time there.  I will be based in Wigan now and I want to celebrate photography to young and old.  One or two plans are in the pipeline, such as a Ladies photography club and Studio hire.  But more on that another time.

As I teach DSLR photography regulalry, I now have the time and space to teach to a more advanced audience.  So Ive decided to hold my first "Give Direction" weekend retreat up here in Wigan.  Here are the details but be quick, 2 of the 6 spaces have gone:



Where:  Scot Lane, Wigan
We have two mainline stations here, a bus station and we are just off J25/26 of the M6.  2 hours from London by train!!!

When:  17th and 18th November 2012 - 10am until 6pm

What is included:
Urban locations (the most fantastic warehouse site EVER!) with 2 models and MUA with emphasis on model poses, composure, direction and off camera flash. Models will have various changes of outfits.  Contingency in place for inclement weather.
Studio lighting and indoor natural lighting shoots with 2 models
Photoshop artistic editing techniques
Full use of my equipment: reflectors, light meter, strobes, polyboards, beauty dish, backdrops etc
Buffet lunch on both days, refreshments, snacks


You must be able to shoot in either Aperture Priority OR Manual (preferred but not essential) and be prepared to work in RAW using a DSLR camera.

How much?  £210 per person
Ive kept the price as low as possible in order that you can choose your own accommodation. There are plenty of hotels and B&B's in Wigan.
The studio has a comfortable lounge area and kitchen facilities and the use of two mac computers.  Please bring your own laptop if you wish!

To make an enquiry, contact me HERE

If this fills up quickly, I will run another one in the first week of December.

2 comments:

Sheilagh said...

I need to learn the basics first, but would love to do this sometime in the future. I hope do more of these in the future :0)

Hugs

Sheilagh
xx

Judi said...

Nooooooooooooooo!!! I will be arriving back from my holiday on 17th and already have plans for 1st December (could I possibly cancel??? The weekend not the holiday, Andy would kill me if I did that!) Sounds brilliant! I am so envious of everyone going on your course! Wish I lived closer for your camera club too!

Good luck in the new studio, sounds fab and you sound really happy with it so you obviously made the right choice - can you use the same card especially as I've only got round to sending it LOL!!! xx