Ladies Camera Club

16 Sep 2012

Swoon

I'm sure that my palpitations at 9pm, tonight, were felt as wee earth tremors over in eastern Europe.  Downton Abbey (season 3) came back with a bang although the flapper style era has somewhat lost the shows charm; as opposed to the early 1900's.  There is something quite intriguing about bustles.  I was grinning from ear to ear throughout the show and literally spat my tea across the room when Matthew asked Tom to be his Best Man.  The mock-shock and horror was hilarious, I literally felt like I was there, for real - and living the scene.  These next few Sundays are going to be the BEST.

In other news, well...there is no other news.  Although we just spent a whirlwind 36 hours with my brother and his family.  Little Joshua has turned into a proper monkey.  I have belly laughed so hard that I cant quite distinguish the pain from my usual Gluten intolerant tummy ache.  Here he is, using Eddy's hatch to get in and out of the utility room.  Live wire is NOT the word.

We don't see each other very often but when we do, the common denominator that Joshua brings is just marvellous.  Aaaanyway, Im going to leave you with these little babies that Pinterest brought to me this week.  Hope you like!

I am so totes going to recreate this (credits here)


And the simplicity of this scrapbook page is awesome (credits here)


In love with anything Rockerbilly right now - this hair would be superb for one of my styled shoots coming up (credits here)


Followed by 50's prints and patterns.  Click on THIS link here to almost die at the variety of styles


And this is for me, to remind myself that I can eat nice things when going gluten free





Love
Kirsty x

7 comments:

karen said...

oh kirsty i too love that xmas card too and will also recreate it with a twist (of course), off to look at pinterest i havnt updated my likes for a long time, whenever im on ther the minutes roll ito hours.
karen x

Debo said...

How did he get that big???

I'm loving all things 50s too, especially since my Uni module on post war art & design. (and then 'Call the Midwife' - their clothes were so ladylike) I love their sense of positivity and hope for the future. Can't quite do the hair (not long enough) but am trawling t'internet to find some clothes.

Now, back off to those links you gave...
Love Debbie

Debo said...

How did he get that big???

I'm loving all things 50s too, especially since my Uni module on post war art & design. (and then 'Call the Midwife' - their clothes were so ladylike) I love their sense of positivity and hope for the future. Can't quite do the hair (not long enough) but am trawling t'internet to find some clothes.

Now, back off to those links you gave...
Love Debbie

Sue said...

I recorded Downton, so have the thrill of watching it later:)

Lovely card and LO.

Jaki Morris said...

Love that boy!

Love that card

Love that hair

Love that fabric

Hate that gluten

Jakix

teacakemake said...

That hair looks amazing!!

I was at a wedding on Saturday and the bride had some awesome hair action going on, loved it so much!

Louise said...

Downton is on my planner, i'm waiting for some time to watch it in peace!!