Ladies Camera Club

12 Sep 2012

Ovaries. Are. Twisting.

There was a newborn in the studio yesterday and it was heavenly.  She was an utter peach (although a bit wriggly at first).  My heart melted a billion times and my ovaries twisted in knots with broodiness.

We got to try out the crown I put together a few weeks back and it fit PERFECTLY.  The part of this picture I love so much is her sucking her arm which shows off her new, pink, peely skin.  I defy any photog to feel the urge to retouch a newborns skin - its just not right.


I preferred this image in a vintage wash which is a good finish for any wall/decor in the home.  This hat makes me howl with laughter. And that downy hair on her cheek?  TO DIE FOR!


This is proper little snoozer here, completely oblivious to the click of the camera.  I didn't use flash as I prefer natural light on a baby plus the strobes can be a bind for sleeping bubbas.  Oh those squishy little lips........totally heart melting.


Newborn shoots are best before they are 10 days old for effects like these images.  So if you are due anytime soon, book a cute session with me, won't you?  And make it soon because I'm dying for another cuddle.

Love
Kirsty x

Crafty Blogs     BritBlog        

13 comments:

Sue said...

What beautiful photos.

Helen said...

Stunningly beautiful photos. What a sweetie xx

Jane said...

Aww Kirsty, they are gorgeous and so is your little model!! Her parnets must be over the moon with the pics, I know I would be. So pleased your new venture is working out for you x ..... If only I lived closer ....

Barbara said...

The babies are so cute but your pictures are fabulous!!!

Jaki Morris said...

Oh My Word

The cutest things ever, why do they have to grow?

Love them

Jakix

Candace said...

Beautiful it so makes me what another and then i think back.....no not the nappies, the sleepless nights, the endless crying.....the moment they learn to talk and then never stop, day and night constant rattling away mostly about absolute nothing

Great photos and if they stayed just like that I'd have a dozen right now

Louise said...

oh my...couldn't you just cuddle and kiss her what a cutie x

Anonymous said...

Such georgeous piccies, absolutely heart melting. I wish my babaies were new as I'd rush them straight over for memories like these. What lucky parents. Carrie

Vera said...

Beautiful photos!

Debo said...

Ohhhh! Don't you just want to eat her, she's SO scrumptious!!!!

I want a copy on my wall! I love the way the you capture the textures of her newborn skin and hair - you are truly gifted, Kirsty! Move over Anne Geddes - Kirsty captures the TRUE beauty of babies!

love Debbie

Bumblebee said...

Oh my goodness, I actually just squealed when I saw that second picture!!! so cute!

Lisa-Jane said...

LOVE the bear hat pic with her face all gorgeous and squishy. My great nephew is 10 days old on Monday (but more like a day old!) so you HAVE to come and visit us NOW! Sob!

Andie said...

I wish I knew you when mine were small!