Ladies Camera Club

18 Sep 2012

A little crafty

Ive promised myself some "crafty me" time these next few weeks. Ive been having a good old clear-out and have decided that some of my supplies must go to a much needed home. How on earth will I shift all this stuff?  I'm hoping I can sell it off in return to buy camera equipment or maybe just dump the lot in a bin and make some ROOM!

Here is the layout I did from the sketch two weeks back


And here is a card I made using Marions gorgeous stamps


And a little digi scrapping using Rhonnas most spectacular wares (namely Qautrefoil, nautical chic and washi tape)



I've got a couple of transitions in the fold which include moving my studio 20 miles nearer home.  Wallasey is 20 miles there and 20 miles back with an hour on each journey.  By moving my studio to Wigan, Ill be time thrift and expenses-less.  I've also learned that I do NOT need to have a street level shop and thus saves even more moolah.  Its a win-win.  I can't flipping well wait to move to the cutest little shopping court on Hallgate.  I shall be above a picture framing shop (check), opposite a vintage clothing shop (check check) and directly above the largest tattoo artists studio in the north west (check check check - rockabilly chicks like these will hear the click of my camera!)




I know tattoo's are not everyone's bag but I love the whole 50's look as well as a burlesque feel and awesome hairstyles.  If I can create photography half as stunning as the above, I'll be a happy little pooh bear.

Love
Kirsty x

12 comments:

PaperDaisies said...

Stunning scrap layouts. Your titles are just perfect. Good luck with studio move. Hugs Nina

Sheilagh said...

Love your layouts;o)

Sounds like a very positive move to a new studio, you will soon put your own personal stamp on it. All those possiblities close by too. I look forward to visiting. When are you moving?

Hugs

Sheilagh
xx

Jaki Morris said...

I love the stitching on the layout how did you do that?

The card is lovely and I have that stamp but have never used it successfully before (hard to believe with one of Marion's) but now you've inspired me.

Good luck with the move, I know how much you loved that little studio. Hopefully the tea will be equally as good in the new cafe!

Jakix

Tina said...

love your layout Kirsty and those photo poses superb. hope your move oes well so you are closer to home. xx

Debo said...

Just think what you'll be able to with those 2 saved hours every day!!

Debs x said...

'OH WOWSERS' to those pictures, how gorgeously retro!!!

Sue said...

Fab LOs and I love the card.

Photos as always are stunning.

If you can't sell all your stuff, you could always take it to your local hospital for the kids, or maybe your local primary school.

D@nielle said...

the moving sounds good, win win all around with lot's of inspiration and saving in the process ! Love it as always when you get crafty !

Kitty Kats Krafts said...

Hi Kirsty

Ellie looks stunning in these layouts. Great news about a closer to home studio, will be much better for you and your home time!

I have found a couple of great groups on facebook to sell crafty goodies, which you can quickly by creating an album of photos of the good and add a price! payment via paypal so really quick an easy. The couple that I have used are Crafty Sellers and Sell anything crafty. Hope to see you there xxx

Louise said...

super layouts Kirsty and just look at all them tat's. I have a thing for tattoos.....not on me though!

yay to Wigan i'll be looking up your studio next time we're there xxx

Carole Z said...

Fab photos and layouts as always Kirsty...way to go girl on the new studio! Carole Z X

Clare said...

Good for you Kirsty, the move sounds great. What more could I girl ask for - Frames, Vintage Clothing and Tattoos! Wish I lived nearer to you. :)