Ladies Camera Club

8 Aug 2012

What do you see?

So, what do you see?

Do you see a family adoring their beautiful pet retriever?
Do you see faces of pure joy as they tame their lively friend?
Do you see memories in the making?

Whatever you see, let it be the most lasting, most precious image you could ever drum up.

This is Nero.  I had the complete privilege of taking photographs of him, with his family, tonight.  And all the while I was choked up; trying to be a professional as possible.  I felt that it was my job to display a bit of "stiff upper lip" and yet I was crying inside and about to wail like 2 year old who's lost its teddy bear.
 
For this wonderful beast has a terminal tumour and will slowly begin to deteriorate.  Its so hard to believe but its true.  This honour was incredibly heartbreaking yet strangely wonderful to capture him at his most fittest with his loving family.  I would have taken their invitation of a cup of tea had I have been able to contain the impending eruption of tears.  My exit was polite and swift and no sooner had I pulled out of the drive, I was weeping the bittersweet tears of helplessness.

I hope these images will be the kind of reminder that brings them comfort in the coming months.

Blub.

11 comments:

Paper and Ribbons said...

Such a beautiful, touching reminder for the family Kirsty. I would have been blubbing!

sandysewin said...

Ok, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.....

***sniff, sniff***

Paper Paradise said...

Crying myself, but oh Kirsty, what fantastic memories these photo's will become. Heartbreaking though, such a beautiful dog who is obviously loved so much. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sue said...

Lovely photo and one they will cherish forever and keep the mnemoiry alive of their beautiful dog.

Carole Z said...

Oh Kirsty, I was welling up as I read your post..the family will treasure this beautiful photo, Carole Z X

Lisa Ambler said...

Quite a few years ago, I did a shoot for a friend of a friend of mine, who had terminal cancer. She wanted photos of herself while she looked well so that all of her family could remember her looking that way. She had a very young family and it broke my heart knowing why I was taking the photos. Quite a few years later, after she died, her mum and dad got in touch with me to ask if they could have a copy of a photo and wanted to pay for it. I very happily gave them the whole set of negatives for them to treasure. That made me happy in a sad way, like you. x

Debo said...

Blub blub blub blub blub...

Anonymous said...

Oh great! My cornflakes are even more soggy now. You really do have the knack of beautiful sentiment coupled with beautiful imagery.

Di said...

Aw, got me blubbing here too :( What an amazing photo and one to treasure. Hugs, Di xx

Louise said...

I see ...a family who will be ever grateful to you for this gorgeous photo Kirsty xx so sad xx

Julia said...

Stunning photo, just stunning.