Ladies Camera Club

10 Aug 2012

Heartbreaker

I was asked to take some photos of a soldier, pre deployment to afghanistan, today.  As a wife of an ex-soldier and as someone who has served in the armed forces for 9 years, I was truly honoured.

When Conor turned up with his adorable grandmother, Sheila, I saw a young man.  But when he put on his uniform, I saw a brave young man.  Its awesome to feel how much you "well up" when you see a man in uniform.  And of course, it was an added bonus that Conor is a bit of a dish.

How many hearts is this fella going to break?


It didn't matter that Conor didn't want to smile so much at first but soon changed all that by acting like an utter baboon.



See what I mean?  These moustaches have been such an ice breaker with even my most meanest and moodiest clients

Deep down, I knew I was going to grab a few smiles from him and this was the winner.

I want to thank Conor for his services to this country and for the bravest effort that he is about to embark on.  I hope all soldier's take our thanks on board and know that most of us support their bravery and sacrifices .  From my heart xx


   

14 comments:

Helen Anderson said...

Great photos, great smile, great tattoos! A brave young man, and a real heart breaker. Shame my two are already spoken for! My hubs was in the forces too. Safely home Conor, and thank you from us all x

D@nielle said...

wow ....

Anonymous said...

Fab pics, lady!
Stay safe, Connor x
Love to our Curlygirl x

Shirley Davis said...

Kirsty has said it all and I agree - not only a dish, Conor, but a very brave one and you should be very proud.

Kirsty takes good piccies too, doesn't she? Keep in touch with her if you can, Conor, please.

Shazza said...

Gorgeous Conor and fabbo pics. Safe trip out there and return safely x x x

Jaki Morris said...

Oh my.
What can I say that Kirsty hasn't said before?

Stay safe young man.

Jakixx

SpookysCraftyMess said...

brilliant photo's Kirsty and may God bless and keep Conor safe.. Oh how i've seen that look in lads eyes so many times, Kirsty you did so brilliantly to get him to gget his cheeky smile out that his family know so well, Did Grandmother not want her pic taken with him too ?? shame :( I think your experiences bougght out the best in him, personally and as a photograher hugs B in bedland xx

Angie said...

Scorchio!!...oh, and nice pics of course...

Sarahjpacker said...

Wow, Conor is v handsome indeed. Love his ink too! Stay safe young man and thank you xox

Anonymous said...

Phwoar. My hot day just got hotter. Thank you very much.
Hayley

Carole Z said...

Great photos Kirsty, really fab, stay safe Conor, Carole Z X

Sheilagh said...

I am the doting Grandma of this wonderful young man. Conor has always been a joy to me. My plan was to surprise his mum with some wonderful photo's of her soldier son as he left for Afghanistan. I am delighted he has had such a reaction here. Thank you for you kind wishes for Conor and all who serve in our armed forces.

Thank you Kirsty for bringing out the man in the boy I have cherished for 19 years.

Doting Grandma

Sheilagh
xx

Louise said...

beautiful photos Kirsty. Such proudness and love shines through in his grandmas comment xx

Debo said...

Amazing photos of an amazing young man. I am in awe of all of men and women in our armed forces, past and present, I know it's not something I could do.

And now I've just read his grandmother's comments and, well, blub.