Ladies Camera Club

27 Aug 2012

Gloop

I was watching a link to a youtube vid by Marion today.  She was playing with UTEE and she inspired me.  As I have approx 7457241573567954 tubs of it doing absolutely ball-all in my studio, I thought I'd lift some out and use these mould's that I bought from her shop a while back.

I think I put too much into the melt pot because I loads left over.  Hmmmmm.  What to do, what to do?  I grabbed a lollipop stick and smeared some over a tag and liked the effect so much that I created a bit of randomness to accompany it.  LOVED IT.


But it didn't stop there.  I thought I'd give the studio a bit of a tidy up but that only lasted 5 minutes as the urge to get creative took over my being and forced me to have a little play with my stash  And this is what I made.

I'm not the hottest coal in the fire when it comes to art journals.  But I like quotes and so "decorate them" I must.


CHRISTMAS?  Oh yes, its time to think some lovely ideas for the special people in your life.  I used my button star stamps from my gingerbread stamp set (you can find them here) .... lol at his wonky hat.  This looks ok head on.  Dying for my anonymous commenter to judge that one!


Do you remember the Heidi Swapp bloom craze from yesteryear?  Well I have approx 92734557382 of them left over from that time (circa 2005/2006).  I bought this style from Sarahs Cards a while back.  Love them and can't bear to part with them but today, I told myself to "man up"............


Here is the mould and UTEE ensemble that inspired me today, by Marion


I haven't been this productive since, erm, I was productive last.

Passing the mojo sprinkles on to you - what have you created this weekend?.....link me up!


Love
Kirsty x

11 comments:

Carole Z said...

Crumbs you have been busy Kirsty, makes up for me this weekend as I have done diddly squat in the craft room as we've been building a new hen house in the garden! Love all the cards though and you always come up with such amazing and true quotes, Carole Z X

Jaki Morris said...

what did the snowman say to the other snowman? Do you smell carrot?

He looks like he's on acid!
jakixx

Sarah said...

Great projects Kirsty. Love what you've done with the UTEE and love the colour of it. Great quotes.
Have a lovely BH.

Sarah x

Rachel said...

Left over UTEE - I used to use pan liners and then lift them out let it go cold and either keep in the pan till next time or take out and break up to back in the larger jars till next time - it remelts no problem.

Cute makes

Sue said...

Fab cards and tags.

EmmGee said...

Perhaps you've got my mojo in your craft room?? Love what you've done with the bloom, see, doesn't have to stay in one piece. Hope Eddy is feeling better. EmGxx

Anne Essex said...

Gorgeous cards and tags. I love the quotes. x

Louise said...

my you have been busy. Gorgeous cards and quotes. Think i'll be checking out Marion's tutorial as those embellies look super duper x

Sandra said...

Crumpets those makes are good! Am loving the gloop on the tag. You are such an inspiration.
Hugs
Sandra x

Julie said...

I sure do hope some of your mojo sprinkles my way, Your stunning tag has filled me with inspiration, if it wasn't so late I'd go and play right now, alas I've an early start tomorrow ;( Thank you for sharing such gorgeousness, Hugs Julie.x

susiesu said...

Love the tag, the cards and the Art Journal page is fabby dabby delish - nothing wrong with your art journaling Kirsty. Lots of inspiration - many thanks lol Susiesu xxx