Ladies Camera Club

12 Jul 2012

So, my sign went up

I've had my studio for just over a week.  A week before that I didn't even really know if I was going to go for it or not.  So in the space of 14 days Ive gone from "what if" to "done".  It helps that I'm in a relatively rate free area (bonus), exceptionally reasonable rent and that my tenancy agreement is beyond my wildest dreams.  Had none of that combination been so attractive, Id still be sat at home still thinking "what if".

And so the sign went up.  These are the fellas working in our RARE heat of a warm, sunny day!


And its up!  Must work on iPhone to get wide angled lenses!

My fave little corner of my shop display



I'm functional.  But I'm still waiting to fully furnish to reception walls with canvasses.  I'm also waiting for a large softbox.  But that can wait.  Behind those curtains lay all my props and things I do not want on display.  The middle nook is the dogs den.  As I'm appointment only, I won't have customers dropping in, so it's ok for him to be in the shop then.  Otherwise, he will go in the back room to snug down on the couch.  The backroom is also a place for Ellie to chill out but I will have her working here on my admin.  She needs the experience and working with me, I can make sure she gets a good one.



Whilst I was waiting for a model portfolio shoot, I had a little play with facial hair props.  I stuck this right up my hooter and fell in love with my little "rabbit teeth" look.


Then came along Elyse for some modelling work photos.  Ive mentioned before how ridiculously much older she looks for her age, but lets compare how tall she is (ok, she was wearing heels, but still.....).  She is 12 years old whereas I am 12 inches high.........


Not fair is it?



Here are two of my fave shots from the shoot.  Elyse was texting/facebooking between shots and I threatened to throttle her but then I kept remembering that I am small fry compared to her!



I have a ton of different props to use at the studio and backdrops too.  Im just about to hear back from a Momma who had her baby just yesterday - Im desperate for a cuddle and the chance to photograph her before the next 10 days are out.  So you could say it's all going on here.

Although, you know.....I have not abandoned crafting!  Im instructing Make and Takes at the Summer Crafting show in Doncaster this weekend.  Do come along and say hello.

PS:  I deleted all the comments from yesterdays blog post by accident.  Im so so sorry.  Im such a ninny


30 comments:

teacakemake said...

Oh Kirsty, it looks awesome! SO fresh, clean, and totally you! And how gorgeous does Elyse look? Wow. So grown up.

Jaki Morris said...

Twit

Jaki Morris said...

Ok, you can delete that one!

Looking good girl can't wait to visit but I don't think I'll look as good as that stunner. She is awesome. I love the shot of her in the sweatshirt, very young and natural.

Take care (not to delete)

Jakxi

Shirley Davis said...

It's like a dream, Kirsty - a really wonderful fluffy cloud one - enjoy! so well deserved and so glad you didn't go in the direction you nearly did a couple of years back. This is great - wish I was nearer.

Catie Cuddles said...

Wow it looks wonderful.
Best of luck for the new venture
Catherine xxx

Shazza said...

Looks stunning. Love your simple decor as its so so classy and elegant.... blooming marvellous x x x

Helen Anderson said...

Everything looks fab Kirsty! I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT move - so excited for you! Wishing you every success and good fortune, you so deserve it xx

Jaime Partridge said...

I stare at those photos in wonderment that she is actually mine. Can't wait to see the rest, but how I'm going to choose just 4, I don't know.

Jaime Partridge said...

I stare at those photos in wonderment that she is actually mine. Can't wait to see the rest, but how I'm going to choose just 4, I don't know.

SharonL said...

Absolutely wonderful Kirsty - love, love, love your Studio.
Wishing you so much happiness in your new "home"
Best wishes and hugs, S. xxx

Craftilicious said...

Hope it's a great big fat HUGE success :-)

You'll be an inspiration to all of us who have a dream - especially going from zero to done in 14 days - good on you girl!

Bernice Hopper said...

What a fabulous looking studio! I hope you are really really successful in this new venture

Fiona said...

Good Luck Kirsty. Your studio looks very profesh.
x

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those polka curtains-seriously awsum!
Good luck with the studio
Love to the working Curlygirl xxxx

Tina said...

how superb does that look, I wish we were closer , i would come and stare in your window.:0 Best of luck.

lyzzydee said...

Good luck with your new venture, its looking good!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you every success in your new studio - it looks fabulous!
Linda x

EmmGee said...

Wow - 0 - 60 in 14days! Your 'shop' front looks awsome. Many congratulations. Now don't start having crafting workshops in there or the walls will soon be sprayed wondrous colours! Love EmG xx

Bettyann said...

congrats Kirsty...go girl go..

Carole Z said...

Your studio looks really fab Kirsty, well done you and all the best for the massive success you deserve! Carole Z X

Sue said...

Good luck with the studio.

Vera said...

Congratulations on your studio! It looks amazing, and I know amazing things and photos will come from there :)

Catriona said...

Well done Kirsty! So glad that Ellie will be working with you too.

Lizzie said...

This is all so BRILLIANT! I am so, so pleased for you and wish you amazing success - which you so deserve!
Good luck to Ellie with her work experience - how useful for you both.
Elyse is a gorgeous young lady. I bet her mum & dad will be proud to have her pics on display in your shop window.
You should maybe include a couple of shots of Ellie too - her lovely rosebud lips and curly-wurly hair would be fabulous in studio shots (and her sweet little face too).
Oh, and don't forget the Edster... he'd be fab too.
Good Luck and enjoy yourself!

Kerry said...

She has such a bright future ahead of her. Amazing looking girl.

Good luck with the studio. It looks fantastic.

Hope you have a lovely time in Doncaster. I was hoping to pop by and say hello but unfortunately I can't get there this year.

EmmGee said...

What was the advert where the office girls went doo-lally over the workmen out on the scaffolding? That's what I thought of when I saw the first pic of the sign-putter-uppers' legs!!! EmmG

Debo said...

It's all just so so SO stylish!

Well done, Kirsty, and good luck!

Caroline Lovett said...

Well done kirsty, it's Fab that you have taken the plunge, it takes courage, so pleaased for you. x

Julia said...

WOW! Good luck with the studio - it looks fab! Loving the blonde locks too (I think they suit you better:))

Patricia Rodriguez said...

I am so so so happy for you! xoxox