Ladies Camera Club

26 Jun 2012

Trailblazin' and DSLR Training

The past seven days has been a whirlwind.  They really have.  Its been such a lovely time to host Sara during some changing scenery over here, at the Wiseman household.  She has helped me remain grounded although since she left (yest), Ive been hitting the floor whilst channelling that Jamaican dude, Usain Bolt.

Before she left for sunnier shores in Nice, I took her to London.  3.5 hours on the road with no car stereo creates a LOT of conversation.  My Sat Nav took us down the M1 which neatly takes you past Abbey Road.  As Sara is massive Beatles fan, it would have been rude not to have pictures of her on that fateful zebra crossing.  I stole this image from her facebook, tee hee.

We parked in London (unbeknown to me, initially, that parking in Westminster is totes free on a Sunday - yay!) and tubed our way to Picadilly, then Leicester Squaee, then Trafalgar Square, then Pall mall and then Buck House.  Then we walked the length of Hyde park looking at all sorts of pretties.  Ive never seen the Diana memorial water sculpture, so we took a look there, too.  Then it was on to Harrods for Lunch.  Oh my, we ate the most most amazing Paul Hollywood breads before trekking onto Tower bridge with a final stop at Covent Garden.  We were knackered.  If that wasn't tiring enough, I had to drive 3.5 hours back home.  But all Kirsty needs for that kind of trip is a strong Costa and before we knew it, we were home.  We went straight to bed but I don't even remember getting into it - I must have sleep walked there.

Yesterday (Monday), it was time for Sara to depart.  I wanted to take more pictures of her as a gift and she kindly posed for this shot here.  Only my in house studio is the most teeniest, tiniest of spaces so it was a case of squishing Sarah into a ball and hoping she would fit the minuscule backdrop.  Oh for a proper studio of my own, right?


Then I dropped her off at Liverpool airport.  Our little house is so bare without her but here are two fun memories for my blog:

Ellie is majorly in love with her.  Im not kidding you but she did NOT stop jibber-jabbering the whole time.   For Ellie to connect with someone this way must mean that they are special.

In the US, they don't have these footy fishy thingies (YET!).  Sara sampled these in Leeds on Saturday and loved the "after" effect.  Maybe not the "during" effect!


After the airport run, I took a trip into Wallasey to see my friend Jaime where plans were hatched after a dynamic shift in my work pattern came to a head.  If you strike whilst the iron is hot or, in my case, feed on the fire in your soul....... you can achieve so much in the space of 3 hours.  All will be revealed on the 3rd July.  Seriously, just you wait and see what has/is happening in the space of 10 days.

**DSLR Training**
Also just a last minute post on DSLR teaching in Hitchin this weekend (1st July). 
I have spaces on my Wigan group training on 8th July. 
Plus a few more spaces in Reading on the 21st July.
I have some spaces left if you care to join us, see here 


 PS:  Check out this little goldmine that I found recently: TRULY SCRUMPTIOUS is a shop I'd dream of owning including the name!


6 comments:

Jaki Morris said...

I had a fish pedicure once I TOTALLY HATED IT, IT WAS VILE!!

She looked she had a blast and it's so lovely that Ellie connected with her.

Wish I could come up to Hitchin to see you and Lady Teena, pooh

Jakixx
Ps can't wait for the big reveal

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a fun time Kirsty!

Sarah x

scrappyjen said...

Fabulous photos as always. Love the crossing snapped from Facebook!

Julie Brooks said...

Looks like you had a great time and I'm very jealous that you got to sample Paul Hollywood's breads at Harrods, no less! Lucky you!

Debo said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just reading about it!

Wonderful to see you've had such a brilliant time -you deserve it!

Debo said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just reading about it!

Wonderful to see you've had such a brilliant time -you deserve it!