Ladies Camera Club

14 Jun 2012

Ribbonville

If I could estimate just how much ribbon I have in this here studio, I'd reckon up on about hoarding 5 miles of it.  Partly because I do some freelance work for Fantastic Ribbons but hugely partly down to the fact that I am OBSESSED with it.  99% of my cards feature it and because I love it so much, I have decided that when I die, I want to be bound in polka dot gros grain ribbon of every colour imaginable.

Here is a project I have been working on for a Top Secret client.  This has been a labour of love and I'm talking proper eye watering, fiddlesome knickety-knacketyville.  I don't think I can bear to part with it tomorrow.

And finally I'll leave you with a card fit for a boy or a girl using 3 paper scrap strips.  It's simple yet does what it says on the tin........and one that salutate's Happy Birthday.

Belles has a day off from exams tomorrow and a late start for one solitary Science Lesson so I am going to spoil her rotten and reward her for applying herself so enthusiastically of late.

11 comments:

susiesu said...

Love the Top Secret client project. Are you allowed to reveal what it actually is??? Love all the colour combos. Am going to 'lift' your scrap usage card - it works brilliantly. Have a lovely time spoiling your beautiful daughter rotten lol Susiesu xxx ps just need somewhere to store my quote tags now???

Bumblebee said...

Laughing at you being wrapped in ribbon!!! Love that ribbon weaving, and you scrap card is ace...(says going to find some scraps!)

Sue said...

Fabby card and the ribbon thing is just scrummy.

Anonymous said...

hope the tests at school have gone well for your little girl. They do get stressed over them dont they but its not until the major exams which influence their careers and Uni etc that she needs to worry. then the A and A* course work is essential isnt it nowadays! Without that they stand no chance around here anyway and til then its not important

Jaki Morris said...

God I love that ribbon thing and I so wish it was a secret mission for me!

I borrowed that design a while ago, very effective it is too. May just try again for Father's Day cards

Jakixx

Lisa-Jane said...

Fabby projects as always! I thought of you today! I was in W H Smiths and I was flicking through the mags and I thought I saw Eddie. It was a mag called Sewing.. erm.. something and it was an Eddie lookalike, wearing, get this, a Union Jack waist coat! It was to die for, honestly. I almost took a picture but I thought they would think I was stealing but I wish I had now. LOVE that boy x

susiesu said...

I see ANON slipped in here even though you have comment monitoring???? lol Susiesu xxx

Sherrie said...

Love your ribbon project and I think I've guess what it might be given the curvacious nature of it! I'm sure whatever the results of your daughters exams will be fab and she will still be the lovely, gorgeous, generous and kind hearted girl she is and always will be - that's much more important than any school or uni results that anyone can achieve - she'll be a great human being xx

Sherrie said...

I love your ribbon project and I think I've worked out what it might be given its curvaciousness. I'm sure your daughter will do great in her exams and whatever her results on paper will be she will still be the lovely, gorgeous, generous and kind hearted soul that she's always been. In short a great human being - much more important xxx

Sarah said...

Love your ribbon project Kirsty! Will you show us the completed item when you have finished it! Love your card aswell!

Sarah x

Sherrie said...

I love your ribbon project and I think I've worked out what it might be given its curvaciousness. I'm sure your daughter will do great in her exams and whatever her results on paper will be she will still be the lovely, gorgeous, generous and kind hearted soul that she's always been. In short a great human being - much more important xxx