Ladies Camera Club

17 May 2012

The gift of a photo

I absolutely love to spoil my dearest friends with the gift of a photograph.  Even though my outlay is just "time" for me, I know how valuable a photo can be in terms of catching their child's expression; one that a parent might not always grab.  We all know that kids perform differently to a parents demands at "shoot" time.  So I feel its an honor to do it in lieu.

I went over to Jane's house tonight.  I love the change of scenery and Ellie feels so chilled out there.  Jane cooked us a buffet of delish morsels, the kids ran through the house like wild banshee's and we just pottered about before heading into the craft room to make memory books for her daughter, Lady K and Lady K's friend, Madam I.

I took some pictures of them, too.  I have not used my 85mm F1.8 lens for over a year but felt that in such fading light, it was going to be kind to me.  I hope Jane likes them and Madam I's momma, too

This is Madam I.  I don't care for hair falling over faces.  When a child has beautiful eyes like these peeping through it, I think its mesmerising.

 Lady K is SUCH a natural in front of the camera.  She just sits and my camera needn't search for a flicker of personality.  It's just there - raw and organic.

These two young ladies are such wonderful friends.  My heart aches for them both.

Even Ellie allowed me to take a quick snap of her.  Note the word quick - it was so painful for her to let me take her picture - little minx.  This is a gift for myself, a self indulgent treat of my little miss curly bobs

And that was the sum of my lovely evening at Jane's.  I wish I lived nearer, I really do.


11 comments:

Fabrizio Martellucci said...

Beautiful pictures Kirsty, you're an amazing photographer you really capture the person's essence. X Fab

Amy said...

OMG.....such beautiful girls....all three of them! Wow!!

susiesu said...

Fabulous photos Kirsty. So glad Ellie let you take a quick photo of her looking absolutely stuning so that you can scrap it. lol Susiesu xxx

Dylan said...

miss you all xx

Carole Z said...

Fab photos Kirsty, you are really talented...glad you got one of Ellie for yourself..she's gorgeous X

Jaki Morris said...

your photos are so stunning, Id love it if you could capture my boys.

Have a great weekend

Jakix

Sue said...

Lovely photos of beautiful young ladies.

ger76 said...

Such beautiful girls & amazin camera work you rock huni x

Carol B said...

GORGEOUS photos Kirsty xxxxx

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

Thank you so much these pics are soooo gorge.....Madam 1 has been with us since Thurs, started as an extended sleepover but ended up sadly into a cry for help she stayed until Sunday, she lost another family member on Sunday to Liver Disease same as her Dad only a year ago....she went home today..poor little love, you can still see sadness in her eyes...something she hides so well, most of the time xxx She NEVER shows her feelings, but after spending 4 days on her Dads memory book that YOU started with her, she actually shared it with her teachers today...it includes a letter to her dad.....heartbreaking..
Thanks sooo much Kirsty Bobs it meant so much to herxxxx

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

Thank you so much these pics are soooo gorge.....Madam 1 has been with us since Thurs, started as an extended sleepover but ended up sadly into a cry for help she stayed until Sunday, she lost another family member on Sunday to Liver Disease same as her Dad only a year ago....she went home today..poor little love, you can still see sadness in her eyes...something she hides so well, most of the time xxx She NEVER shows her feelings, but after spending 4 days on her Dads memory book that YOU started with her, she actually shared it with her teachers today...it includes a letter to her dad.....heartbreaking..
Thanks sooo much Kirsty Bobs it meant so much to herxxxx