Ladies Camera Club

7 Apr 2012

Just hanging

Firstly, thank you for all your detangling advice! Yes, Ellie really cannot brush her hair. Those who really know Ellie will know that she has no upper body strength. She cannot even open the fridge. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Aaaaaanyway. This week we finished decorating our kitchen diner. One of the walls is badly dented from the inherited plasterwork; when we moved here. Replastering worked out to be too much to budget for, so instead we hung some gorgeous stripy blown vynyl wallpaper. Have I hold you how much I love hanging wallpaper? I think I missed my vocation. Mark pastes and cleans the pasting table. And I hang, smooth and cut the excess to precision. All without a plumb line. I think I'm pretty awesome to say nobody taught me. Then, when it dried, we painted it in Dulux Mocha. A colour I could lick!!

I doubt you can see the wallpapering expertness in this picture but imagine this seat with me in it, having a cuppa and reading a book (currently the Happiness Project - which i sincerely wish my regular anonymous blog commenter would buy and read). It's such a cosy little nook.


And when we exit the kitchen diner, I'm always happy to see this sign, too


Im thinking of where my next wallpapering adventures take me...............

16 comments:

susiesu said...

I love your cosy little nook - wallpaper looks good. The sign is perfect did you make it?? Hope you are having a fantastic time in Abersoch??? lol Susiesu xxx

Helen said...

Great job on the wallpapering. I've got a wall in need of that exact treatment in my kitchen too. I'm just plucking up the courage to do it. Also I have fibromyalgia, which can sometimes get in the way of such things...Anyway, great sign too and, by the way, I think Ellie's hair is gorgeous xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Kirsty, come hang with me, wallpaper that is,or just hang in general.. I'd even make you a coffee he he.. Love dulux mocha we've just done our bathroom in this colour.. gorge... think it will grow around the house.. love wallpaper but not had a go yet..
Enjoy Easter..
love Helen xxx

angie's blogspot said...

you and me both, our house is need of paint and paper at the mo, painting kitchen today, just boring white as there isn't good light, we are currently deciding on a new sceme for the lounge, it will consisit of brown mocha and cream, being the only female, they won't allow me flowery paper lol x

Catriona said...

Love the colour Kirsty. DH is about to paper DD's front vestibule which was water damaged earlier in the storms. He HATES wallpapering so I'm not sure how she convinced him to do it! Happy Easter to all- beautiful pictures of Ellie.

mckinkle said...

Super colour but would love a close up Kirsty!!

Hope your detangling goes well, it cant be nice for either of you :(

Happy Easter!

Keryn x

Sally-Jo said...

Happy Easter!!!
Pop over to my blog I have a surprise for you http://stampin-sally.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxx

Julia said...

Er Kirsty are you available for hire? My hall and stairs need papering desperately lol! Love the colour :)

Anonymous said...

An Easter Prayer

Loving Jesus who Is Risen Today

Through your mercy and love, grant Anonymous release from her sickness and help her to replace her soul rotting hate of the human race and her compulsion to hurt others with the gift of love .

Help her to vanquish the misery, sadness and shame this compulsion for hate and need to hurt others must surely bring her and grant her the capacity to experience in its place the peace and joy that comes from the ability to feel love and compassion and for her fellow man/woman.

Through your love for her, may she find the strength to resist the evil and ignorance of this obsession that overwhelms her and replace it with health and joy from this most precious day forward.

Amen

Anonymous said...

Anonymous you do seem particularly unwell/confused at the moment.

I too will pray for your health and the love of Jesus to heal your soul and protect your children.

Candace said...

Like it!

Your next project can be my house if you are free????? lol

re anonymous - first time I have encountered and well, don't know what to say!

Hope you have all had a great Easter x

Lisa-Jane said...

Papering is a definite skill, we've just had to pay someone to do ours but if I'd known you could have come and stayed and done ours ;-) I think anonymous's prayer is mean't for the "usual" anonymous but it definitely suits.

Anonymous said...

Good lordy, anonymous actually scares me.. Then again I am a wimp! Seek help...Please...
love Helen xxx

Lisa said...

Am I the only one who found Anonymous's easter prayer, slightly... disturbing?
Oh well, we love you Kirsty and you never fail to deliver. Such an inspiration to us all and a perfect Mum
Love Lisa xx

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Just found your blog Kirsty and lovin' it! Your Daughter's hair is beautiful and guess what? I have that sign too!