Ladies Camera Club

29 Apr 2012

Chaos and calm

Whenever I spend time with Jane, we don't need to be constantly having a laugh or talking endlessly.  Often we can be sat in the same room musing over different things without saying a word.  This is what I love about her; I just don't have to try and be her friend because its just natural that we are.

On Friday, belles and I drover over for a sleepover.  We were planning to craft but one of her friends didn't show which put us on a craft downer.  As her room was in this sort of state to start with I bravely suggested that we roll up our sleeves and sort out the chaos.


 I think Jane had got into that void where it just never felt tidy.  Which also meant that she didn't feel that, come the time for an impromptu craft session, she couldn't face the chaos.

Jane is an interior designer by trade and also a stampin up demonstrator.  She's a full time Mum to my favourite little girls in the whole world (next to my Belles).  So having the dedicated time to keep on top of things is zero.  I, myself, do have a little more free time than Jane and as neat and tidy is my middle name - it was the perfect opportunity to have a good old clear out.  And, as luck would have it, they had a skip on the drive half full, ready to take the crap she no longer needed.

All of Friday night and four hours of Saturday morning we sorted, sifted, tidied, grouped and slung a billion things.  Between breaks we would find the girls either iPadding, chatting, giggling, playing or chilling.  THEY WERE SO GOOD!  We even found the time to have a mini feast of nibblets and chocolate dipped strawberries.  It was SUCH a good night but I was totally ready for my bed at 4.30am.

The next morning we woke up to a gorgeous breakfast before we tackled the room for the final onslaught.  I'm not kidding you, this woman has got a problem; worse than mine and I thought my craft stash was hideous.  But Jane and I are very much alike....... we just love creating.  And that's why we hoard so much thinking every piece and part will come in handy one day until a ruthless clearing up session tells us that its time to have a good old cull.  I don't know how many times I said "What the hell is this?" or "What you doing with that?".  Some 15 bin liners later, the room started to take shape.

And it ended up like this..........**insert sparkly fairy tinkly noises**



Didn't we do a great job?

Were supposed to be going home at tea time but Ellie was having such a good time that we left at 1am this morning.  At one point in the day, Jane's hubby took Ellie and Lady K to Starbucks without ME!  I mean, these outings without Mark or I are so incredibly rare.  I was amazed she agreed to it and she loved it. Plus Ellie rarely likes anywhere else than home (and her grandparents).  She doesn't even really like going to other family members houses let alone friends.  So I must give a huge credit to both of Jane's girls because they are so gentle and patient with her.  Here she is with Lady K......


Soooooooo, anyway........
Whilst at Janes, I also planned to take a few pictures of the girls too.  Ive been taking pictures of them since Jane adopted them some 5 years ago.  Ive relished every single passing year and it catches my breath when I see them again, all grown with new attitudes.  They are the most luckiest girls having Jane and Stu as their parents.  This is what I managed to grab between sorting out Jane's studio

Miss C!  What can I say about her?  A proper little madam with a very special place in my heart.  I could literally cry for her.  It takes a lot of work to get pictures like this but they are worth the wait.


Here is Lady K!  Im thinking this one is going to be a model with her flowing locks and easy manner to sit and pose.  Well, not even pose.  Just sit and smile.  Easy :)


Show stopper, I think!


And my Little Miss C xx


Bath time cutie in a mountain of a bajillion bubbles.  Its those red lips that steal the show which are proudly showing off a very minxy smile.


And Im thinking that red glitter goes so well with her fabulous specs!


Lastly, I shall leave you with this months ATC swap that I took part in.

And that my friends, is a sum of my weekend.


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Jane is delighted with those photographs, Kirsty. I know I would be.
Kitty x

Nitasha said...

You ladies did a fab job on the craft room! I would like to extend an invitation to my craft room!!! LOL! And the pics of the girls are gorgeous! Cheers to beautiful weekends like this!

Helen said...

What a weekend! love the photos, what gorgeous girls.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous start to the day!! I am fully inspired now!! Decided yesterday to activly strive towards creating a craft room - and the room it will go in makes those before shots look like the pinacle of tidy (I can see floor in that second shot!!!!)!! Thinking it's more likely to take 10 months than 10 hours to achieve - you two are awesome!! How fab does that look now?? And Repeat the mantra of the eternal hoarding crafter - "And this time, I really AM going to keep it like this!!!" (it WILL happen in this house one day!! LOL!!) And Oh My Gosh!! What stunning photos of stunningly beautiful girls!! Too, Too fabulous!!! Jane and her family sound totally divine!!
Love Nina B xxx

newlycreative said...

Fabulous photos. Fantastic job on the craft room. Could you come and sort me out next please? You could start a new business as a craft space doctor!

Judi said...

Okay, my craft room next please, you worked wonders - wish I was a tidy freak!!! (not that I'm calling you a freak you understand!) Sounds like you had an amazing weekend with very special people...and those photos, well what can I say? They are fabulous (of course) Glad Ellie had such a relaxed and happy time too, it must do you the world of good to see her like that. Enjoy the rest of your week xx

Fiona said...

What a fab friend you are! I would love someone to come over and tidy my stuff. I bet Jane is so pleased with her newly cleared room and also the amazing pics of the girls.

Maz said...

Wowser - what a craft room makeover! Gorgeous pics too, as usual. x

Carolyn Phillips said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend.

Sue said...

Wow!!! Your friends CR looked fab at the end. wonder how long it will take her to mess it up:)

Glad Belles enjoyed it so much as well. The girls are both lovely.

Dawn said...

What pals having fun clearing up. I am sure she will create far more wonderful things in this fantastic space. the photos are wonderful.

I saw this on FB and had to pop by love this post so much LOVE here Dxx

Anonymous said...

great job on the craft space! Amazed she ever felt like making anything in the before tidy up space she had! great your daughter was well looked after and enjoyed her time too. Looks like those girls have a lot to offer and should as they have been be celebrated!

Sam said...

Gorgeous photo's of gorgeous girlies Miss Kirsty!!! Love em!!!

susiesu said...

O Wow what a difference the Craft Room looks. How much do you charge Kirsty??? Glad Ellie had such a fun time. The pictures of Jane's girls are fabulous - love the black and white one with just the red glasses lol Susiesu xxx

Bumblebee said...

oh my, that is a real transformation!!! Kirsty you should hire out your services as a craft room sorter!!!!

Debo said...

Wow! What a transformation! I can't believe you managed it in such a short time. As everyone has said, you really should hire yourself out! I have trouble keeping my space tidy but I do like things to be sorted logically - I even sorted the flowerpots in hubby's greenhouse last weekend. He had them iall in mixed piles!! I sorted them by size and had to restrain myself from sorting them by colour, too (tho I DID have to throw out a RANDOM yellow pot! I mean, you just CANNOT have a single yellow pot amongst the brown and black ones, can you?) I am slightly worried tho, I TOTALLY 'got' Carrie's colour highlighter system on Homeland on Sunday!

The photos of the girls are STUNNING! So glad you all had such a great time and well done to Ellie for the Starbucks trip (and, of course, to such a wonderful family for making her feel as safe and confident as she does with her own family!)

Lisa-Jane said...

Aww, sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend and all got so much out of it. Those photos are really wonderful, what great models! I'm twitching a bit over all those bin bags full of stuff on the skip though - I give my cast offs to the kids or to the school / pre-school. The room does look fab though and I love the ribbons over the window.

Anonymous said...

Appreciation comes from a reply to comments!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

and the reason you are anonymous and acting troll like is because........