Ladies Camera Club

23 Mar 2012

Spring in Macro

Its still not green enough for a proper spring outing. Trees and hedgerows are still a little too dark and dank for me. Even the blossom looks pathetic without a spray of green enveloping them. And the magnolias always sprout their bloom before their leaves but the tree from which they bloom looks like tardy driftwood. The remedy to capture their beauty is to macro shoot them. I tried with all my might at sundown (and with a slight breeze, too - grrr) and managed these little pretties tonight:

In about 2 weeks, these cherry blossoms will be all gone. Time to soak them up before the wind turns them into pink snow



This Camellia looks like a rich, plush velvet. And the colour is just so happy


More blossom but what I love most is the pollen on the stamen tips



The sap running though the bark cracks is crying out for a bee or two to feed on its gooey-ooey



And finally, Im using the last of my Bloom and Grow papers from My Minds eye. I know its like, so retro for most of your die-hard paper users but Im so behind with scrapping right now, it will be years before I use this years new releases as it is!


Thanks for stopping by!

Also, don't forget about the giveaway from Tuesday. You can leave a comment here and Ill put your name in a hat...even if you commented on yesterdays or the day before's blog post!

Love
Kirsty x
Click here to subscribe to my newsletter

16 comments:

ellejaygee said...

Love the texture of that bark. The magnolias are just starting to bloom here, one of my favourite sights at this time of year

Helen said...

Some gorgeous photos. I'm having a few days in the Lakes and have been trying to get some good photos to scrapbook :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Kirsty; but that one of the bark.... Wow! 'tis gorgeous. Jude.x

Jaki Morris said...

Such beauty all around us if only we stop to look!
Blimey that was profound.

Love that card, are they Craftwork Card sentiments? Shaven't seen that one before

Jakix

Sue said...

Faby photos. I do love Spring.

Loving the card and all it's bright colours.

Judi i said...

Fab photos of course! Just love the colour of the camellia - beautiful x

Colette said...

Beautiful paper is beautiful paper and this card is gorgeous. I love the paper ribbon effect. Love the tree bark as well,

C x.

susiesu said...

Loving the photo of the tree bark and the flowers are just sooooooooo beautiful. I am even further behind than you I still have bloom and grow papers and seeing your recent cards has reminded me that I must get them out and use them - thanks. lol Susiesu xxx

Fiona said...

Lovely snaps Kirsty, you have captured the texture of the petals and bark so perfectly. I had trouble with wind(!!)yesterday when trying to snap Pulmonaria in my garden and my Camellia pics were rubbish compared to yours. Still shooting with my kit lens.

Lisa said...

ooohhh.... second chance? thank you x

Bettyann said...

love, love spring...your pic are fabulous...thanks for sharing.

Jen B said...

Beautiful pics and card xx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Breathtaking beauty!

Jenni said...

Amazing photos Kirsty, just beautiful!
Jenni x

Lisa-Jane said...

I still have a few bits of Bloom and Grow left - I love it so much that I have eked it out to share the lurve! Gorgeous pollen xx

-Agnes- said...

Such a sweet giveaway, I love the sewing theme!