Ladies Camera Club

26 Feb 2012

Im spoiled

I can't end my lovely weekend, that we shared with Mell, without sharing two of the many gifts she brought Ellie and I. Whilst we were opening the handmade part of the pressies, I simply dropped my jaw at this gorgeous piece of "she art". I keep meaning to take this course but I haven't got round to it - so Im happy to have this instead.

She also started a smash-style book for me, too with delicious kraft pages for me to make up as and when I want. With Smash books being a HUGE bone of contention for sale in this country, its a TREAT! Thanks Melly Moo x

Note: Did you know that the reason why Smash books are being held off UK shelves? Try looking towards a dried potato packet company who are challenging the Smash book name. This is what I hear and I am shaking my head in utter disbelief.

Smash books are no potato substitute, ok?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is a smash book? what does smash mean? dont get that at all - another load of hype to get people to buy things they dont need maybe?

Sue said...

Great pressies.

Jaki Morris said...

How lovely to be give a handmade gift, now you know how it feels when somebody receives something you've made for them.

My husband loves Smash! Maybe I could buy him a smash book by mistake and then keep it for myself.
As for Hype? Life's one big hype, isn't it?

EmmGee said...

What a thoughtful gift. I'm sure we're all better for making our own 'smash' books. We've surely got enough stash to do them. Smash a Moleskine???

Lizzie said...

What lovely things - you are indeed spoiled! Have a great time playing with your new "toys"!
It's a bit silly about the Smash thing. The word "Smash" doesn't belong exclusively to a certain potato packet maker... If you look it up in the dictionary, it doesn't say "Mashed potato", that's for sure!

Julie Kearney said...

That's lovely! Although I off course would be horrified to receive anything with a photo of me on!! x x

Julie Kearney said...

That's lovely! Although I off course would be horrified to receive anything with a photo of me on!! x x

Julie Kearney said...

That's lovely! Although I off course would be horrified to receive anything with a photo of me on!! x x

Maggie said...

The smash books are a nice idea, but do I really need to buy one (at, no doubt, a ridiculous price) when I have all the ingredients to make my own? Surely, they're just a branded reworking of the 'scrap books' we had when we were kids. For this one time only, I actually agree with 'Anonymous'!!