Ladies Camera Club

3 Feb 2012

A girly weekend away

Belles and I are away in Leeds this weekend. I have business and family matters at hand and its only 45 minutes from home. I do love Leeds and I miss my homeland. I miss the strong accent I once had (which rears itself when in the company of my yorkshire-lass friends). But I'm back and tonight Belles and I are staying in a super cool hotel concept. Im sure you get these types of hotels all over the place but for me, they are new. Its a swish hotel room with a loung area, a kitchen with EVERYTHING (washing machine, dishwasher, cooker, fridge) and bathroom. Plus, of course, a bed which has to be jumped up and down on in a girl frenzy! The hotel is called Roomzzz and we got the booking for a song on LateRooms.com - def going to use this again!

We arrived early to grab a nice bite to eat at TGI Fridays. Ellie had chicken strips with chips and veggie and fruit sticks - she polished the lot off! She does love to eat out and I enjoy it more now that she is keen to eat every morsel on her plate.
Afterwards, we nipped over to my friend Carolines for a Stampin Up party. I have not been to one for YEARS although...cough cough, Ive already been partaking in their new sale-a-bration before this party (resulting in buying punches). But tonight was a fun get together to make these pretties
(although we did not make the Owl! You **could** make the owl if you bought Stampin Up fabrics - hello? They do fabrics now?). I did buy those huge buttons though plus some new inks (I swear by their ink pads) plus a couple of punches. I happen to love punches JUST as much as ribbon. And buttons. And inks. And everything else crafty. Ahem! If you want to hold a Stampin Up party in Leeds and earn some free stash, nip over to Julies blog immediately! If not, try Natalie HERE - she will post nationwide if you cant have a party.

Ellie was as good as gold. She didn't want to join in the crafty bit but instead sat beautifully playing her DS and chillaxing in such warm company. She did, to my surprise, open up a little as we were leaving. She rarely speaks to anyone she barely knows but when the conversation is about animals, well - she jabbers for ages!

We came back to our hotel room to veg. We made hot coffees to watch a dvd with but to be honest, we were just happy to snuggle up and talk. Isn't she beautiful when her eyes are wide open?We chatted about nothing special but it was a gentle way for her to unwind from the rigmarole of school life. She is such a wonderful girl; I feel so lucky that I can hold her and love her as much as I want at the age of 16. One day that will dwindle to so much less but as long as she still lets me, I'll be there for her.

And finally - my FebPhotoADay. Todays topic was hands. These are mine and Ellie's hands. She has long, spindly yet delicate hands and those NAILS? Whoa, those nails are something else, right? I adore her little wrist freckle too.

Tomorrow we go and visit my Uncle who is not very well in Hospital. Its literally shocked the hell out of me; life is far too short and very, very precious.

Love
Kirsty x
Click here to subscribe to my newsletter


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're both having a great time. Love the flower on that tag and the owl is so cute.
Ellie has beautiful eyes, and those fingers.......... *swoon* :-)
Hope your Uncle gets better soon. Enjoy the rest of your girly weekend.
Jude.x

Fiona said...

LOvely pic of the both of you and I love your new hair colour Kirsty.
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear your Uncle is unwell but pleased you can have fun with your daughter. Those aparthotels are great but dont be surprised if the rate is higher next time! They are evidently increasing the prices the busier they get according to the FAQ section of their website so we will wait and see if that works!! you can love there for under £1,000 a month atm so can see some being well used as it includes everything inc cleaning, utilities and council tax ..umm!!

juliejules said...

Hey Kirsty thanks for the lovely comment on my blog and the linky on yours to mine, I really appreciate that!!! Ellie was a superstar, did have a little chat with her about all things DS!!!! Lovely to see you both and hope you enjoy your goodies!!! Julie

Victoria said...

Oh oh oh I feel faint - you've posted a pic of my fabric owl!!!
Victoria
x

Lisa-Jane said...

So sorry to hear about your Uncle but happy that you had some precious time with your girly and some crafty time too. Much love to you xx

Annie said...

u at the one in kirkstall?X

Anonymous said...

Elle should be a hand model with beautifull hands and gorgeous nails like that. This ex nail biter is green with envy.
Sue L

Rachel said...

Parcels posted Saturday so treat when you get home :-) Nice to see you enjoying lots of SU goodies - can't get enough myself!

susiesu said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle but as you say it does make you realise how precious life is and to enjoy each day. Great that you and Ellie had some fun time together and the photo of you both is beautiful. lol susiesu xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your expressions of love for your Ellie. Its so beautiful to read. She does have exceptionally beautiful eyes and I love her hair (I have twice spent a fortune having my straight hair permed and it looked rubbish).
Your hotel weekend sounded fab.
Hope your uncle is on the mend.

Scrapstars said...

It was lovely to see you both, can't wait for the Stampin Up goodies to arrive, I think i am converted to cardmaking!! x