Ladies Camera Club

13 Dec 2011

I kind of fell in

Today has been a retailers dream. I felt nauseous waves of panic every time I went to pay for things today and only half the pressies are bought. First of all Boden are having the sales of all sales. Boden and I are in love. Boden will be shocked that I am buying a size smaller than previous too; that's how much I deserve a shopping spree. I earned it. Go me!

Then I went about the net to buy gifts (gotta love Amazon). Then I went food shopping and when you shop at Asda; a pair of brown leather boots kind of just land in your shopping trolley. And a skirt. And purple tights. Its retail sabotage wars on customer trolley's; it's not right, is it?

I also fell into a craft shop, too. We don't really have a dedicated craft shop in our immediate area but on our way back from a college introduction meeting today; I passed one. And I got sucked right in. I've known Wendy at Cardio (Pemberton, Wigan) for years but never seem to be in that area of town. Its quite a faff to just go on little sneaky trips to buy glorious and wondrous treasures. So when I fell in the shop late this afternoon, I thought I'd only spend a tenner. But no. The treasure that lay within was so sparkly and ching-chingy that my purse started to shake in my bag from the fear of the impending damage. Fortunately, I was quite sensible and bought a number of little oddments plus......

this baby here - complete with treats stuffed in every orifice ;)
Isn't she magnificent?
(archive picture, mine isn't as colour co-ordinated as this!)



So, this college visit with Ellie? Wow, it was fantastic. We have been told that this particular college has THE best pastoral care in the county. Its a Catholic college (mainstream, not special needs) which usually means that its a high achieving. They have ZERO tolerance on the issues that Ellie faces from her peers in the classroom at school, which can only mean one thing. Ellie is going to fly. I so know she is. The small classrooms (between 6 and 10) per lesson is going to allow her to flourish and be heard and recognised and fine tuned into this amazing person I know lays hidden under that school-beaten shell. Ellie came away with such a happy little face; she couldn't wait to tell her grandparents on the phone when she got out. She said that she is going to try extra hard at school to try and gain a higher entry level. I totally believe her. The college don't know how much they made her feel "mainstream" today. And they made me feel sane into the bargain. You ask any Momma of special needs children if they ever think they will be sane again; I know the answer for sure. Maybe all special needs Momma's need to look at this college! Its the elixir of getting a piece of sedation!

Today was a good day.

So good that I made this with one of my new stamp and punch sets from that crazy punch trend setter, Martha x
<span class=

There ain't no way I'm making a run of these for my cards this year cos threading those baubles took me 739103958573821 hours and almost sent me Doo-lally!

Love
Kirsty x
Click here to subscribe to my newsletter

12 comments:

Fabrizio said...

Loooooooove it ! And with orange my ultimate fave colour ! :) Fabulous hun, I needed a gorgeous card to cheer me up and did papermood.com (couldn't find anything decent for it recently). X Fab

fionalawlor said...

Oh this card is so sweet. ive never had any urge to buy that punch before.....well now i think I will have to buy it! Its FAB!!
I feel your pain with the shopping :( craft shops are terrible, honestly things just jump into your basket and refuse to leave lol
Glad to hear Ellie's college was such a hit :)
Fiona L x

Nicki said...

Love your card and your new stash need picture of the boots though lol!!
So glad Ellie enjoyed her visit to college. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

Nicki.xxx

Pol said...

I didn't know that Cardio had a new shop - will have to go shopping over the school holidays!

Lizzie said...

Glad Ellie's college visit was a hit - I hope she gets a place there and can get on with being a happy student!

Yes, I agree that craft shops are dreadful places (if you're a purse anyway)...
The new stash is rather fabby - I might be just a tad jealous, Kirsty..

Zingy card! Love the brightness and the happy funky vibes... The orange ribbon, the cute matching threads to hang those blingy baubles. (oo I like that new phrase - blingy baubles - I could say that all day as an exercise for my mouth...)

Hope today is also a Good Day!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Ooooooooooohhh...THAT type of 'spinny' thing!!! :) I think I NEED one....ok...about 6 of those too!!!! lol And it must be a 'Gorjuss Girl' thing...they 'fell' in my basket the other day too!!! Dodgy hangers in sooo many shops!! lol
So pleased Ellie's visit was a success...wishing you all the luck in the world for that ♥
Loving your card too...but I'm already 'doo-lally' so not even going to attempt those baubles!! :)

Lil' 'Ol Me said...

So pleased Ellies college was a success. Really really pleased.
I also have that white spinny thing...I love it. Best storage thing ever.
Love your card and your baubles! Is that wrong to say I love your baubles? Oh er misses ;-)

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

go Ellie go!!!!!!

Fiona said...

LOVING the Lazy Susan thingy and so pleased you had a positive experience at the college, it sounds absolutely brilliant.

Anonymous said...

It was so refreshing and wonderful to hear that your daughter had such a positive intro to FE. Sounds a great college and I wish her many happy days there! The sky is the limit for her. BEST NEWS i heard this Xmas.

Debo said...

What a difference a school makes...

I sounds that this college will give Ellie the opportunity to become the person she has the potential to be, which is all we mums want for all of our children but is SO much harder for you special mums!! Good luck to you all - I wish I'd saved my Christmas pudding wish for this!!

lots of love
Debbie

Oh, and the card is fab!! But then they always are!!!

Debo said...

What a difference a school makes...

I sounds that this college will give Ellie the opportunity to become the person she has the potential to be, which is all we mums want for all of our children but is SO much harder for you special mums!! Good luck to you all - I wish I'd saved my Christmas pudding wish for this!!

lots of love
Debbie

Oh, and the card is fab!! But then they always are!!!