Ladies Camera Club

19 Sep 2011

A weekend of crafting

I spent the day demonstrating the wonders of Letrasets AquaMarkers, ProMarkers and Flexmarkers at Paper n Card, Barnsley on Saturday. The tables were packed as I coloured in some of my new Gorjuss girl stamps in all of the above mediums. That was 6 hours of therapy as I do find colouring in so relaxing, especially with Aquarmarkers. I think water colouring with these pens is so easy as you only have to load a watercolour pen/brush with ink and wash it away, down the image which pales and lightened to create natural light and shade. It's difficult to imagine anybody NOT getting on with them. Dot, the shop owner, looked after me with delicious coffee and sandwiches from the cafe whch is attached ot the shop. Such a treat and almost a whole day out!

Then in Sunday I drove 3 hours to glorious Gloucester (Paperarts) for a full day scrapping event. I taught 3 classes, 2 of which were mini albums (one traditional, one on a 12x12 page!). I can show sneaks of one of them as I'm teaching it at Scrapstars this weekend.

This is the mini book - lots of tags and a massive burst of colour awaits before you pull that "knob" on the front (its actually a vintage wooden bobbin)

Love this bobbin with an unfeasible amount of string to act as a closure. Im thinking if its a bobbin, it needs a lot of winding-on string to make it look effective, no?

The mini cute pegs came in for some blingo, too


Oh how I love zippy roses
Each page also has a pull out tag to match, for journaling.





This is just a peek at the other class which is a minibook on a page (its a 14 photo class - Im v v proud of it)

The 3rd class was a mini tag project which could be turned into a mini album or a christmas memory book of sorts. I left that decision up to the girls, as we had just done 2 full albums and sometimes people just want to do something different.


One of the girls, Emma had bought her friend Ali the days event for a birthday gift. The day included fun birthday bits for her which included cakes and donuts (hello?!)

Krispy Kremes, no less with the birthday girl, Ali......(I nicked this photo from Pippa's blog - thanks Pippa, my cheekbones look rather defined in this but sadly not today after all that cake!)

Don't mind if we do scoff all over our projects!
Thanks to Emma and Geek Booth, I've been thoroughly geeked. Im so geeky that even my hair has zits. Hmmmmm. Saxy.

I had such a great day with lots of laughs and I mean proper belly laughs and great chatter. All of the girls, that's Sarah, maggie, Rachel, Tina, Emma, Emma, Ali and Pippa were a real hoot. I truly mean it when I say that your company and friendship yesterday was simply divine. I want to also thank Sue and Irene whom make fab lunches and run such a great shop (and its packed to the rafters with real, touchable and needable scrappy goods. Lots of new stuff to pad out yer craft rooms. Its worth a trip with your buddies and it has a great sized class/crop room too.)

Im booked for the first sunday in Dec, another all dayer. Im going to do projects that you can slip your 2011 christmas piccies into. Am thinking of an advent style project, a mini album, 2 cards and an interactive 12x12 project too. You can book HERE if you wish to join us (its not listed but it is still going ahead!)

7 comments:

Sue said...

Fabby album. I have some tags somewhere, so must look them out.

Anonymous said...

lovely stickers and tags there along with lovely papers too. what did they do themselves - do they follow a set design pattern or work it out and design this themselves?

Alison Horne said...

Looks like you had great fun, but too many doniuts judging by the state of your skin girl!:]

Have the alcohol inks arrived yet? have they? have they?x

EmmGee said...

We had a brilliant day! I do hope that your long drive home wasn't too dreadful. We had a very quiet car as we were all exhausted.

Cath x said...

Looks like you had a fabby weekend! Loving the Geek pic!

Judi said...

Love that zippy rose.

Mrs C said...

what an amazing day we did have!!! I feel another trip to paper arts coming on in december! :)