Ladies Camera Club

11 Sep 2011

Drum Roll for new Alcohol Inks

I've got a lot of catching up to do after returning from 4 days away from home. Its been heavy on the miles, lets say! I've also got pictures to empty off my camera and lovely little moments to remember to blog but BEST of all I have some fabulous crafting news.

Letraset are about to launch 42 alcohol inks in approximately 2 weeks time **scream!**

Not only that but I have opened up an account with them so I can stock them the moment they leave the dispatch area on the launch day. Aaaaaand not only that but I have grouped some of them in sets of three of which I'm sure you will love. Please welcome my first two sets.
I have another 2 sets which are being tested by two of my loveliest friends and I will reveal those 2 groups tomorrow night along with my pictures from my visit to Letraset on Friday. Let me tell you, I was like a pig in muck. I got to see how the Pro Markers and Flex Markers were made, from start to finish on their super technical, all singing and dancing manufacturing machine - just like the program "How its made". It was mesmerising. I was stood there (all wide eyed and amazed) ............like Darla from Finding Nemo when she discovers she has been given a fish! LOL

Whilst in Ashford (which is more nearer France than London) I also met a fantastic artist called Nicole Verkooijen (possibly the most notorious of dutch cardmakers). We were there to exchange crafting relations with Letraset and Colart and boy did we have so much in common, even if we spoke different languages.......Crafting being our joint understanding of course. I will share picture of Nicole tomorrow, she is such a lovely girl.

So there you have it..........new, spangly alcohol inks. 20mls for £2.99 is a great launch price and with more ink and less cash than its competitors you are certainly going to get more bang for your buck ;) They will be sold singly through retailers although I won't be stocking all 42 colours just yet, hence me listing them in sets of threes.

My friend Rosie and I sat up for hours last night configuring ways to use them in conjunction with other products - brilliance inks, pro markers etc. I even used them with nail polish tonight and can tell you that my house proper pongs! I think my craft room is bordering on being a chemical laboratory right now with fingers as filthy as a coal miner who hasn't seen a bar of soap in 30 years - its a stunning mess.

**also**
If you are at a loose end or are, indeed in Harrogate, Pop along to Art from the Heart SHOP for their 10th anniversary celebrations. Do stop by, its literally around the corner from the GNPE show!

Finally - workshop news:
18th Sept - Paperarts, Gloucester
Im holding an all day workshop with three classes (1 detailed lift and pull scrapbook page and a mini album being two of the three!). Buffet lunch is included. Come and spend the day with me! Enquiries through here

8 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

Wow! They look great! Can't wait to see what you and Rosie get up to with them. Good luck on all your upcoming ventures luvvie xx

Terrie B x said...

Wayahaha I bet you had a fab weekend...TFS:) x

mckinkle said...

Its All Go for you right now then Kirsty! Good Luck with your new venture with the new inks, I cant wait to see how you use them!

Its was great to see you on tv, I sent a text but nothing was shown :(

Have a fab week and try to clean your fingers gal, its not a good look with yoru gorgeous necklace! lol!

Keryn x

Fiona said...

Phew, and I thought I'd had a busy week! Sounds like you had a fab time with Rubes, sorry I missed your QVC slot. Did you go to the factory outlet in Ashford, it's fab. Great TKmaxx and Matalan there too.

Irene said...

Just saw your reaction on my blog, thanks so much!!! I found the videos on your blog and am so happy now I know how they work, I think I will be able to cope with them after some practice. Whenever I come across problems I know where to find you, lol!!!! I cannot find an emailadress on your blog so this is the only way I can answer. Tomorrow we are leaving for The UK, our daughter lives there..all the way up in Newcastle, how dare she after living in Nottingham for many years, hahaha!!!

Gr. Irene

Anonymous said...

Just curious to know why Nicole is notorious i.e. a person famous or well known for a bad deed!? I do feel sometimes you use words to try to sound smart but sadly you misuse them. Also you use the word whom way too much and usually in the wrong context. Sorry I am just a stickler for grammar and the correct use of language. If you aren't sure how to use a word then don't use it!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

Answers to the above anonymous person...

**Just curious to know why Nicole is notorious i.e. a person famous or well known for a bad deed!?
She is famous in Holland for being a fantastic artist. Look her up and you might see why.


**I do feel sometimes you use words to try to sound smart but sadly you misuse them. Also you use the word whom way too much and usually in the wrong context.
Do I really try and sound smart? Is that what you think I am doing? At least my mum brought me up to say something positive or nothing at all. And put my name to it when I do.


**Sorry I am just a stickler for grammar and the correct use of language. If you aren't sure how to use a word then don't use it!

My mum also taught me that if I am sorry for something, it's because I've done something wrong and therefore making amends for the wrong doing. If you feel that correcting my grammar is wrong, then don't do it.

And also, if you don't like what you read, don't read it.

Anonymous said...

Notorious: famous for doing something bad!