Ladies Camera Club

4 Aug 2011

Bag love

Want a easy peasy meal with no pans or stirring or sweating over the cooker? Well the answer is roasting bags - effortless, tidy and tasty.Simply bung all your ingredients in a bag, place on an oven tray, bang it in the oven for 35 minutes. Take out of the oven, open the bag, pour onto a plate. Scoff.

No of dishes: Knife that chopped, board that got chopped on, two plates, 2 knives and two forks. You don't even clean the oven tray, it didn't even get dirty.

This recipe is a variation of Jamie Olivers - his had all sorts of other stuff that we didn't have hence this being a variation. We have simply christened this as Cheery Chorizo Chicken.

You will need:
2 chicken breasts, whole
10oz chorizo, sliced
2 potatoes, cubed small
4 spring onions, chopped small
half yellow pepper, cubed small
8 vine cherry tomatoes, whole
1 table spoon of spanish paprika

Bang all the above ingredients in a roasting bag, shake a little (the bag, not you!) and shove in the oven on gas mark 5 for 35 mins.

Its a bit bloody gorgeous.

11 comments:

Sadie said...

wow! Even my kids could do that! I'm now thinking of lazy summer days as the kids make me dinners-in-a-bag. Thanks for sharing.

Kerry said...

That sounds like my kind of cooking, I have some roasting bags that I cook whole chickens in, they always come out so much juicier cooked this way, but I never thought of using them any other way. Thanks for the great tip.

Christine said...

Brilliant idea - guess what I'm having for dinner tonight..! :)

Vicky said...

Anything that cuts down on the washing up has got to be good!
Never tried a roasting bag before, thanks for the tip. :)

Fiona said...

Will deffo be trying your recipe Kirsty, sounds v.tasty.

Lil' 'Ol Me said...

I have never tried them...but I now feel inspired to give them a go.

Helen said...

Sounds lovely! Definitely going to give it a go and love the reduced washing up - always a bonus!

Debo said...

Sounds delish! And yet so simple AND keeps the oven clean! Guess what's on my shopping list for tomorrow!!!

Liberty said...

i discovered these about a month ago and i luuuurrrve them, being a veggy i do cook meat altho prefer not too, and these save all the clearing up - fabs!!!

Debo said...

Just had it for dinner! Delish! Thanks Kirsty! Only, I must be a bit of a wimp cos I only put 1 teaspoon on paprika in and found it a bit hot, so will leave out next time!!!
Definitely will cook again!

obilendyng said...

Cooked it on Sunday evening and it was delicious, very easy and no washing up, great.