Ladies Camera Club

25 Aug 2011

40 and green?

I hate to pigeon hole myself but I might be reaching out to many middle aged women-of-the-world when I say that when I hit 40, I suddenly fell in love with green. I recall the disparaging remarks I made towards my Momma (then 40) when she painted almost every room green in the house, hung green curtains and sat on a green sofa. I didn't get it. But now? NOW? Im obsess-a-roo with it.

My fave ProMarker is Pear Green, my nail polish (in the pic below) is "Under the sea" green, I love green eyeshadow (I wear an electric green shade to highlight my eye colour) and this skirt forced me to buy it when I went shopping yesterday. How rude ;)
I'm also pea green with envy that I my friend Beth can run 7 miles, then call for me, run/walk 2 miles as part of my training program and then run a further 1.5 miles home afterwards. Yes, its day 2 of my C25K tomorrow and Beth is coaching me again. So far, Im feeling good, hope there are some of you who can give me some encouragement x

12 comments:

Banu said...

Interesting Post. Although now I do understand my Green Obsession. I loved your new purchase though. Very nice!!!

Kirsti said...

Keep up the training Kirsty...so far this week I have done a 3mile/6mile/3mile walk and a 9.5mile cycle..am exhausted by feel much better...
Btw green is my favorite colour after it being purple for years and years and I am 42...lol...
Take care
Kirsti x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Kirsty

Great post about your love of green and I love the new purchase and nail varnish too - looks wicked!!

So glad you put the link in for C25K as I didn't have a clue what it was! Well done you for getting started on this programme - looking forward to seeing how you get on (its the running bit that puts me off though - now I'm in my 40's the knees are a bit knackered!!!)

Take care

Tina
X

Sue said...

Well done on your running. Keep going hun.

It is strange how we can suddenly like a new colour. My favourite colour is purple, but a couple of years ago I suddenly liked lime green and orange.

Fiona said...

Ooh, good luck with that Kirsty. I was late for work last week and had to run, it nearly half killed me.
Lovely green skirt bw.

Debo said...

Ah-ha! I always used to be a blue fan but now love green (esp. lime green) and I reached 40 a few years ago - only in earth years of course, I'm still 24 in my head!

I had to stop running (well, jogging) last year because of problem with my hips and back but my doc says I will be able to run again, eventually, so C25k would be a brilliant way to break me back in - thanks for the link!

Good luck - when you're fit enough, I think running is the nearest feeling to flying! Enjoy!
x

Bumblebee said...

haha, I'd love to be able to accept that amazing 'big up', but I had only done 3 miles before coming for you, not 7! Plus, when I started in Feb I couldn't make it to the end of my street without feeling like dying!! So there's hope for everyone out there!

Alison Horne said...

so THAT'S what the green thing is! wonder why? and wonder what 50 will bring? -baggsy NOT beige please.x

Wizzyh said...

Love the skirt!

Anonymous said...

it is more about what suits you and so try colour me beautiful etc to see what is the right combiination of shades for your natural [ not tinted/highlighted or any other false!] colouring

Debo said...

I think that tinted/coloured hair is 'enhancing' NOT false!

CoventryAnn said...

Another 40 something 'green freak' here too :)