Ladies Camera Club

8 Jul 2011

Sneak of my Feel class

No sooner have I finished one Moleskine book, I find myself challenged to do another. This time, though, the book is completely different. It is texture heavy with quotes (per page) relating to happiness and painted/inked in the most beautiful colour combos. I totally want to make this online class the ultimate sensory experience with visual, touchable and emotional senses being explored in one fell swoop.

I have a list of people wishing to take the class but I am limiting it this time. The first 100 people to sign up (class bookings go live next week, priced at £25) will receive a journal pen (worth £1.99 from Letraset as a free gift) to help write down the thoughts that go into those hidden pockets. All the prompts will be related to happiness in various situations you may have experienced so far plus

You will receive, in your kit
a set of printable quotes to apply to the page along with a Moleskine journal, several tags, several glassine envelopes, embroidery thread, cardstock, doilies, admission tickets, re-inforcers, a piece of felt and some beads
For this class you will need to have: gesso, paints and inks of your choice, a journal pen (not ball point), toilet tissue, cling film, bubble wrap, corrigated cardboard (from a torn box), an old comb and some book print - from an old, read book, some shapes from your fave punches

This is just a teaser and it relates to bumps and lumps. You create a "punctured" effect with a quote from Helen Keller. Plus you also create a title on the page in Braille itself.


Im so excited about this upcoming class which will go live on the 27th July via video tutorial complete with a class manual, pictures and a forum to discuss the class with like minded artists. I will put the class up for sale sometime next week, so keep your eyes peeled :)

Lastly, here is the layout I created live (last night, during the online crop - see yesterday blog post). I kind of love it.

Happy Friday x

Love
Kirsty x
Click here to subscribe to my newsletter

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Em! Gee!

I

Can

Not

Wait!!!!!

More excited than the most excited thing in the whole of Excited Land!!

Love Nina B

Sue said...

Fab LO.

Good luck with the new class.

Tracey said...

Ohhhhhh I need to learn how to make braille, I didnt know that I needed to learn but I know that I now do need to know! I popped along to join you for the crop on wednesday, had my little bag of stash and logged on to find you had all gone , I was a proper little Billy no mates !:(, will try and join you next week, what time do I need to be there ? if thats ok and you dont mind a mad chick from grimsby joining in the fun xxx

Tracey said...

Ooopps all that waffling and forgot to say - luuuuurve what you did with the sketch, your layout is lush ! xxx

Jo said...

Gorgeous layout - love the print letters :D

jo x

Peggy said...

Great layout, Kirsty. Those hearts with the pins through? - fab-u-luss! Dee x

Lisa-Jane said...

LOVE this layout! Almost finished mine, just threading a few buttons... Looking forward to the announcement about the class xx