Ladies Camera Club

2 Jul 2011

Dear Photograph

Oh my - have you seen this fun little project doing the world wide rounds?


The trick is, you grab an old photo and hold it up in front of the place where it was took last and contrast between the old into the new. I absolutely love this project - love, love, love.

Here are some of my faves from the site:




I must see if I can dig out some old piccies and replicate something myself - even my mum and dads old 7o's pictures of me in a doorway in one of our old homes.

Finally, in case you were still umming and aaaaahing - I have new kits for the Me in my Moleskine course for sale. Ive sold plenty since the live date on weds but now its available all year round with access to plenty of resources to spur you on.

Love
Kirsty x
Click here to subscribe to my newsletter

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Glad to see you are back safe and sound from outer Ouagadougou,lol I can't believe what a plonker I have been today, first ordering stuff in my sleep then thinking you were on a quick trip to Africa, please forgive my donut head, I would like to say I am not always that stupid unfortunately I tend to regularly prove otherwise - happy weekend honey xxx PS love the piccie thing what a cool idea - off to rummage in some old shoe boxes for some photos xxx

Jen said...

OOh I hadn't seen that yet. Definitely one I'll have to do at my mum's place in Normandy - we have looaaaads of old pictures from there! Thank you sweetie :)

morris.jacqueline said...

What a great idea! I've got a whole load of old photos down from the loft. Much better idea than just scanning, tagging and embarassing people!
Jakix

Leanne said...

yes yes yes me me me i would like one i just need to know how to pay uuuu!!

shabbycows said...

Hi Kirsty, I have seen some wonderfully evocative ones of these photos showing demonstrations and conflict in the past with the beautiful now peaceful cities. Its a great project ! Love your blog by the way xx
shabbycowsw@aol.com Alisonx

Sue said...

Fab idea.

Sally said...

What a fantastic idea - can't wait to get the photos out!

Kate said...

A friend of mine emailed about this website a couple of weeks ago! Thanks for reminding me to blog about it and yes I HAVE to try this out too! I LOVE the idea!