Ladies Camera Club

16 Jun 2011

This kid.......

.....amazes me with her determination.

She makes me stronger every day. (I missed writing the "every day" part and only noticed after I took the picture. I wrote it in, now!)

A quick layout constructed whilst my WW Lasagne was in the oven. Yes, I know......its got pasta in it which essentially has wheat in it. The consequences of which could result in death, I'm sure. Or maybe just a pain in the chest. However, if you were to dissect a WW lasagne, you would note that there is a distinct lack of pasta sheetage in it. And as for a topping of cheese? I think I counted 6 sprinkles - GENEROUS! I'm still waiting for a wheat allergen attack and nope, not one just yet. Maybe because there was hardly any bleeding pasta in it in the first place to warrant such wheat overload. Doyks!

8 comments:

Sandie said...

You constantly amaze me with your scrapbooking, Kirsty. They are always so clean in design and you always get the colour combination's spot on. I want to take a Kirsty class!

sillypea said...

I had a lasagna recipe once that used thin slices of zucchini instead of the pasta - maybe worth trying in your recipe to avoid any chance of wheat death? :-)

Di said...

I hopped in to comment and saw what 'silly pea' just commented. Aw, my recipe is similar and still a favourite here - instead of pasta use lightly cooked crunchy cabbage. And nope, you don't need to then carefully lie it in sheets :) I just chop it before cooking and then kinda spread it in the layers.

Beautiful layout as always too. Hugs, Di xx

Sue said...

Fab LO.

Colette said...

Have u tried spelt flour products, much better if u do have a wheat allergy. Very high in protein so better for weight loss too and it is delish!

Beautiful layout, colours are yum,

Colette x

Sandy Huntress said...

They do make rice lasagne, even no-boil type. I think it's DeBole's, I get it at Whole Foods.

It's much better than a a wheat allergy attack!

Helena said...

Sorry I haven't been round for ages- it's been great to catch up, read your blog!

marsha said...

Fabulous layout Kirsty! I have Celiac disease and have tried the DeBolle's rice lasagna - it is wonderful!
Hugs,
Marsha