Ladies Camera Club

18 Jun 2011

ME in my MoleskinE - Online Class

You see what I did there? Did you?
Tonight I wanted to share a sneak. Granted, its not attached to the project but this is a small portion of the class. And I mean a SMALL portion of the strip prompts!

You see those strips?
Those strips require you to write one word answers to the questions. They have spaces in the middle of phrase where you write a one word answer. These questions cover everything about you from your head to your toes! Draw round your hand, make finger prints, draw round your foot, paint on the "nails", draw round the objects in your bag - on one page. Analyse your handwriting, discuss your hair, your skin etc. Doodle the things that go through your head (on both good and bad days), divulge everything about you that makes you "you". And get arty into the bargain - all in a lush Moleskine Cahier book (the large size, not the dinky doodle ones!)

On Monday I will release the class to purchase at £22 inc postage and packing for the supplies OR £15 without the supplies (although you can download the prompts to cut out on your own smooth cream card for £2 extra). The class will bet open to 30 people but I do have lots already on my list from the announcement I made on Sunday. But why 30? Well, I had to order the stock in first. I ordered direct from retailers so I don't make money on the supplies. And buying in 30 at a time made it manageable for me first off but also makes the class small enough to deal with questions in a timely manner.

I will print out the prompts and images on the smooth cardstock for you prior to despatch which I have ordered in specially and cut other sheets into tags that will go in the pockets. Moleskine books have 40 pages which you will make into 20 pages (which create pockets) that large tags will go into. You will also receive a Moleskine Cahier Kraft journal, 5 x kraft tags, 5 x glassine packets, a doilie and cut cardstock (but you have to cut the strips yourself - sorry!).

This book will be the "Me, Myself and I" of YOU! Its also fun; there are some pretty quirky things to journal about - that's just me, Quirky Kirky! (Kirky is what I used to get called by my brother, he couldn't say my name properly as a toddler).

The class will have a live (and recorded) video that you can access on the 29th June at 8pm. Its a closed, private lesson that you will be given access to and of course you can watch it again and again just in case you miss bits or you are detained from the study.

If you are interested in the class release of 30, do list your name below or email me HERE. I want you all to enjoy this amazing process and keep a record of the things that will be essential to your memory as sit in your rocking chair, wrapped in your quilted blanket and racking your brains about your yesteryears. Or have it as something to pass on for generations to fawn over and create discussions about YOUR life. I'm very proud of it and you will be too and PLEASE do not worry if you think you are RUBBISH at drawing. I am not the best pencil drawer (I'm more of a digi artist) but you could always use paper-piecing in those parts of the journal.

NB: To decorate your book at home, fun things to have to hand are acrylic paints, bubble wrap, needle and cream coloured thread (or white), a brayer, spray inks, scissors, glue, double sided tape, a dis-used gift card or old plastic credit style card, decorative stamps (if you have them but I will supply some images you can use to cut and paste that I have designed).

Monday night the class goes live, so keep your eyes peeled if you are interested.

38 comments:

Darcy said...

me..me..me..

frazzled2day said...

ooooo, am so excited, that i just can't hide it, i'm about to loose control & i think i like it oooooo yeah!! <<< look wat getting on this class list does to u, makes u break out into song at 5am lmao!! xx

Mrs C said...

Wow, sounds amazing!!! Can't wait :)

sally Hodder said...

Kirsty PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can I join your class. It is Just what I want to start me crafting again, sounds perfect and co incides nicely with the end of school photos til September.
*excited at the thought of inky fingers after over a year of no crafting!!*
sallyjh40@gmail.com

Katy said...

Eeeeeep i can't wait have signed up ready and waiting :) xxx

Kerry said...

Absolutely, definitely, yes, yes, yes I'm interested but you know that already from having my name on the list you had yesterday lol

Hope I'm back in from brownies in time to confirm my place on Monday :)

Pippa (pjbear) said...

I'm interested, really interested <3

Scrapping4fun said...

Definitely interested, never done a 'me' book before so it s about time!!

Michelle said...

Oh me too...I always end up making for others and a book for me sounds good. I will have full kit pls
Ta michelle

Maz said...

I know I'm already on the list but leaving a comment anyway! Really looking forward to it, I've been wanting to try journalling for a while but needed something to get me started! x

jackie guest said...

Hi if you have not already got 30, i would like to take this class too. many thanks jackie guest

Bernice said...

Thank you for putting me on the list. I'm amazed you are doing it at this price. I expected it to be around £30-£35. I hope you are going to earn something from this.

Bee said...

please add me Kirsty - think I'd better get a move on as Rocking Chair and blanket sounds very appealing :o)

Beryl.
xx

Rooby Whishes said...

meeeeeeeeee pleeeease

Rooby Whishes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jackie guest said...

hi did not leave any contact email before it jackieguest@hotmail.com hope i make on your list :)

Sarah xx said...

me too please :)
xx

jennyem said...

I'm really interested in singining up to your class please Kirsty.

Jenny

jennyemward@googlemail.com

humel said...

If I mentioned my interest on your other post does that mean I'm on your list? Please say it does! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled Monday night for sure, but my husband's away so I'll be doing dinner and putting kids to bed by myself so 'puter time might be limited.... Please keep me a place if possible! xx

humel said...

I've emailed you too Kirsty, but I seem to recall that my emails to you end up in your Junk Mail so thought I'd better let you know here! xx

Kate said...

I emailed this morning, hope it went through :-/

Sarah said...

Hi kirsty,

Sounds like lots of fun so if you still have room i would love to join in.
Sarah Williams

rachel said...

Me please - sm hoping i was on original list - not sure if that counts

Rachel Chevis

Nina Coulton said...

I would love to join in with this class too :)

Michelle said...

I definately wanna join too!

Linn said...

oh such a wonderful project, i know my girls will love this. count me in!
can't wait to get my hands on the supplies.
thanks kirsty always such lovely projects.

Anonymous said...

Please, pretty please, can I join you on this adventure? I have just taken up journalling again after many lean years... Thanks! Irene

ireneann@live.com

Buzzard Girl said...

This class sounds amazing!! Do you have any spaces left??
My email is paulasykes2010@gmail.com

Beckie Dreyer said...

sounds like fun! Would be interested :)

Lesley said...

Yes please Kirsty, what time is the class going on sale to book and shall I start having my salary paid directly to you - lol!!
Thanks, Lesley

Anita said...

Am I too late, please don't say yes. I would love to do the class. Anita

pange said...

im interested to please

zafira said...

i would love this
Janet

Allycat x said...

I suspect as I'm comment 34 that I won't make it for this round of the class but I'm definitely interested.

If I don't make it this time, can you put me down for another!

Many thanks
Ally
x

vonnyw2b said...

I'd love to do this class too please Kirsty

alexa said...

Oops, clearly missed out this time around but will be keeping my eyes peeled... If there's "in case of cancellation list" please count me in!

Jackie Humphreys said...

Hi Kirsty, I tried to message you through the link on the information of course but I was not able to send the email. Can you please include me on yoru next course please. I really like art journalling and would love to do your course. It looks lots of fun.....:)

Jackie Humphreys said...

Hi, I have tried to send a response to the link on the information about the course but it won't let me for some reason. Please can you put my name down for the next course you do. It looks so much fun....:)