Ladies Camera Club

12 Jun 2011

Been thinking......(thats dangerous, Kirsty!)

I am beyond obsessed with Moleskine books. You know, the natural ones - espesh the ones with no lines or grids in them. They are perfecto for an idea I had whilst shopping in Next this afternoon, too. I spent three hours, when I got back from town (and during the "rain stop play - F1") to plan the whole idea and now I am buzzing that its worked out.

In a few days I am going to put out a class available only to 20 students.The reason being is that I have to order stock in first. Namely A5 sized Moleskine books and decent cardstock for printing hybrid prompts and decor on. 20 students is a fair size as there is P&P to consider and Royal Mail to pray on for a decent delivery time. The class, yet to be named (I'm torn between two names right now) is based on a 40 page book that you turn into 20 pocketted pages that you will fill with paint and ink techniques (the pages, not the pockets!). The theme is, simply, about YOU but not in the melancholy, psycho analytical YOU - more or less the organic YOU. I was laughing to myself when I overheard two teenage girls in Next who were asking each other do or die questions, whilst flicking through the racks. And it got me thinking. I conjured up this book in my head, bought some new Moleskine books and came home and wrote the class in 3 hours.

It will be quite unlike any art journal class you have taken as there are lots of lovely Fonty loveliness to cut and paste. You will be required to do some drawing but the aim of the book isn't to be an elite artist, the whole idea of the book is to embrace yourself and dare I say.....even laugh at yourself. You will also have to have a number of basic tools like needle and thread, a brayer (if no brayer, a jar will do!), bubble wrap (a small piece), corrugated cardboard (rip up one of your pizza boxes!), scissors, acrylic paints in YOUR fave colours, inks and decorative stamps. If you haven't got decorative stamps, I will supply my own design images to print out onto paper that you can cut and paste.

Anyway, I'm shutting up about it. I will work on it over the next few days and share sneaks and then open it up to the first 20 people. So lets see how it pans out. **excited though**

Finally - a layout. A very simple, non-patterned-paper, make-it-whilst-tea-is-simmering-on-the stove kind of layout. A layout using up all those bloody numbers, which lay unlovingly abandoned on the alpa sheets forever and a day. A layout to, somehow, incorporate that god-awful green cardstock and convince myself it looks fabulous.
Which, incidentally, I think just that - fabulous ;)

20 comments:

Maz said...

It DOES look fabulous! And I shall be frantically checking your blog to make sure I can get a place on the class! x

Bernice said...

The new class sounds great.

Jennifer Scull said...

love that layout! what a cutie pie
your class sounds quite interesting! since I am over here in the States, should I look into getting a book someplace near me to avoid shipping over the pond?

Glitter Monkey said...

Oooo sign me UP!! Stalking you now - officially!! Lol Lynn ♥

Sue said...

I LOVE that layout and have to copy it !! yummmmmmmmmmmmmm! You do know that green is my fav colour and that is so pretty!

Sue said...

Loving the LO.

Bee said...

now that sounds a good idea, will have to check back and keep tabs on the class.

Loving the LO and I love the green card, but then green is my fav. colour.

Beryl
xx

morris.jacqueline said...

Goodness me, does your brain ever rest? Sounds challenging but fun! I love moles
Jakix

Lisa Hemmings said...

So gutted that i live in the South.... just too far to travel. The class sounds brilliant!
Lisa x

Kerry said...

Ooooh ooooh oooooh I really want to take part in that. Will keep an eye out for more details and hope I can be quick enough to snap up a place.

Angela Weimer said...

Sounds like a great class. Your page is fab. love the colours matching the photo.Simply perfect. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day. Angela

Heather said...

I hope I catch your class announcement in time! It sounds just what I need at the mo :)

Jenni said...

Sounds really interesting Kirsty, is it an online class?
Jenni x

Handmade Hannah said...

I too love Moleskin books-just bought one from Paperchase but too scared to start it! Looking forward to seeing more details about your class :)

Keilly said...

Can't wait to hear more about the class, sounds great!

D@nielle said...

love the color combo !

Sarah Hurley said...

looking forward to hearing more about that class as a Moleskine addict myself! :o)

Sarah x

Zoe xx said...

Oh Kirsty!! I have never done any kind of course / class before. I would love to have a place!! I am a very 'safe' card maker, i tend to stick with my favourite style and thats it! I am deg going to be stalking your blog.

humel said...

I like your thinking :) I hope my 'puter probs don't get in the way of me having a chance to be in your class.... PS The layout is lush xx

Lisa-Jane said...

LOVE that layout! Lush colours. Looking forward to the class - never done anything like this before but really wanting to embrace my arty side. Thinking about getting a smock and wearing my hair tied back with a scarf and sort of wafting about the place rather than my usual stomp. Waddyafink? ;-)