Ladies Camera Club

3 May 2011

Being cared for as a carer

I was invited today to go to a pamper day at Wigan College. My friend Caren invited me along as a carer and I didn't half feel posh. I got a hand massage, a manicure and a makeover from a girl called, ironically, Ellie. And then I got a conditioning treatment on my hair, a little cut and blow dry in the colleges salon as well. As if that wasn't enough, we got waited on with endless tea and bickies. It was surreal. THEN (- can you believe there is more???!!!) we were treated to lunch in a side room so I could speak to other Mommas of kids who have extra needs. UNBELIEVABLE.

Being a carer is the same as being a mum but with all sorts of the most finickiest fanacketies thrown in the spokes. Im fortunate that I do not have a severely handicapped child like most carers but my girl does present some challenges and has difficulties adjusting .......but she is getting there! And you have heard me screaming my head off and banging my head against a brick wall over the past 6 years or so (on here) although it all works out in the end. That's my purpose in life. Get thrown a challenge and then finding a solution. It works. But sometimes you just need to take a breather and I got mine today.

Thank to the Wigan and Leigh Carers for treating 10 wigan carers to a wonderful day out x

9 comments:

Bernice said...

So glad that you got to be spoiled for a change

Sue said...

You deserved to be pampered.

morris.jacqueline said...

;-)
Lucky you. I found a local carer's centre here and they have a calendar of events. No pamper day yet but I'll keep checking!
Jaki

DGgirl said...

Glad you enjoyed your day. Our local Carer's Centre offer the same up here in Scotland.

Gill

Anonymous said...

great and sadly doesnt reach those who really need it too.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Kirsty

What a lovely treat and its well deserved by you and the other carers I'm sure...

Tina

Shazza said...

Glad you've had a lovely treat and you enjoyed time to relax x x x

Bettyann said...

how lovely...take care you special person

Sue said...

Brill. I went on a pamper day a few years ago . Had my feet done- heaven!