Ladies Camera Club

8 Apr 2011

When Kirsty went to market......

she bought, um - well, she bought a fair bit. And boy does she look forward to spending her saves. Ok, you can stop speaking in the 3rd, Kirsty

**slaps face with wet kipper**

Ive worked almost every weekend since forever and meeting my lovely friend Maz and her son Connor, today, for a spot of shopping and a natter was just what the doctor ordered. We pretty mooched and sifted and browsed. We ummed and ahhhed and coo'ed and practically choked on the cost of things! Ive got to say, I had a great morning with her.

I wasn't planning on buying a great deal. I'm normally happy with something from Boots (who doesn't love Boots?) and a coffee but the pull of the magnetic beams from Accesorize took a grip on us and this is what I swagged.

I've been after a straw/wicker style bag for a while. Mainly becuase floppy bags don't cut it when I'm out on shoots. Having a sturdy bag which keeps my lenses and spare camera in a stable condition appeals to me and this sturdy/pretty number is just the ticket. Maz and I decided its a great bag for stealing babies with and for carrying Eddy around, of course.

Sausage doggy sockies, natch
Love these Royal Wedding paper chains - may use them as paper chains. May use them as bands of colours on my craft projects.


This pre' lil scarf. I'm in loves.
Then off to Waterstones to buy a book recently recommended to me. Room is a book doing the circuits in book clubs and when someone raves about a book in a non sickly "OMG Im going to DIE" fashion, it makes me want to read it. It's a bit tough going (Ive read two chapters) because of the language used (speaking from a five year old's perspective) but Ive been told to persevere. I also got Marian Keyes latest and a book called The Help. Im excited I've got my reading mojo back.

And more recently Ive managed to hook myself up with some cheap buys from elsewhere. Namely these, which I swagged these off ebay recently. They are vintage "holeless" linen covered buttons (a sniiiiiip!)...... Brills for inking etc.

And 4 dvds for £15? WTH? I ain't saying no to that

And lastly, my order from Mei Flowers arrived today. I encourage you to go and seek such treasury within it's tempting onlinement. For it will reel you in and have you salivating like a donkey being teased with a carrot. You have got to love a shop whose baseline P&P is ONLY 99p.
You have permission to also slap me with a wet kipper if you hear me complaining that I have nothing to do. Which is ridiculous, really as I NEVER have NOTHING to do.

Enjoy your weekend and put your factor 15 on ;)

PS: come see what Letraset have been up to recently (I co-author their blog)

16 comments:

sillypea said...

I'm coveting that scarf! Love, love!

Sue said...

Fabby buys. Glad you had such a nice time with your friend.

Toni said...

oh some fabby goodies Kirsty and yes Room you will be hooked very soon and want to finish it asap loving all your goodies too makes me want to go shopping xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

I've read The Help. Marvellous. Loving your shopping - spesh the scarf and paper chains!

Little Celtic Fairy said...

Hi Kirsty. I've read 'Room' and I agree, it is so hard to get into it with the way it is written, but it has a good ending so, stick at it!

Di said...

Hi Kirsty. Firstly, many thanks for mentioning the Girlie Bugs I'd made into cards. Hope you have more stamps in stock soon - I'm in love with them. Next, what a great haul from your shopping spree...love it all. Like Julia I've read 'The Help' and it's a great book, now I want to buy 'Room' from the comments here! Di x

Sue said...

yummy things !!
Used one of your stamps

http://www.soojay.co.uk/2011/04/its-your-day.html

Heather said...

love your stash of goodies Kirsty! Particularly the scarf cos its a lovely blue :) xx

Fiona said...

Love your basket Kirsty, mine is on the way out so have been looking for a replacement. Does it have a zippered lining I'm wondering?

Tracie H said...

Love the scarf....and The Help is a brilliant read - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did .x.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the 'lil scarf you pur-chased Kirsty! What really made me want to comment after reading your blog was the book 'The Help'. I read it on holiday last year, Iwas basking in the sun next to the turqoise blue waters of Olu Deniz in Turkey and weaping bloody buckets!! It's one of the bestest books I have ever, ever read - pure genious. ENJOY! EMMA x

AnnMarie said...

Hey Kirsty! Welcome, welcome to the Paper Princess group! We are so excited to have you! Looking forward to getting to know you! :) Great score on all these fun things on your shopping trip too!

cla16e said...

Oooh I love the paper chains....... Where oh where can I buy them????

jodpea said...

Those paper chains r pretty ace.. do you often steal babies? I didnt enjoy The Time Travellers Wife film even a quarter as much as the book, if u haven't read it I recommend u do, in fact I might have to read it again next!

Katalytic said...

Ooooh I was in accessorize at the weekend and got the Cool Britannia paper chains and some teeny stickers. They'll be great for crafts. A few other things I really didn't need also ended up in my bag, like a hair band and a ring and a bag and a phone charm. Stay away, it's a bad place!!!!
Time travellers wife, do the book not the film and fall in love with Henry

Debbie said...

The Help is a fantastic read, I loved it and the way it's written in just so clever, you can hear those maids voices, incredible. Room is on my list to read but I am yet to manage to bagsie a copy at the library.