Ladies Camera Club

5 Mar 2011

OH MY!

You see this panel here? This often brutal panel with 2 michelin star chefs and a superb win critic? They loved my dish so much that they put me through!

Who would have thought a humble dish using basic ingredients would win them over?
Im so excited that I have run out of adjectives to describe the shock and delight. Im only sad for my other pud girl who didn't get through. Her dish was magnificent and we got along all day without it coming to fisty cuffs (as people often expect you to.........it can be such a competitive part of the show but for us, it wasn't). I found it hard to be elated when I was gutted for her the most. Although I have to say I am thoroughly delighted deep in my bones. I'll keep you posted but obv cannot go into too much detail because ITV want to save that when the program airs.

On a more lighter note, Belles is recovering well and is still clicking those demanding fingers from her sick bed. I missed her like crazy. When I got home her little face was a picture and melted my big old heart. She had received get well cards from her Nana and her school friends. I can't begin to tell you how much those cards mean to her. She, apparently, pawed over them all day.

15 comments:

Colette said...

Congrats Kirsty, you know what they say 'Keep it simple', can't wait to see the programme. You are braver than me, I love cooking but am way too shy to even contemplate such a thing! Good Luck and Get Well soon to Ellie,

Colette x.

Fiona said...

Fabaroonie Kirsty, well done you! Pleased to hear Ellie doing well.

Di said...

Excellent well done, look forward to seeing the programme.

ginny c said...

will watch the programme, your pud looks locely glad ellie is recovering

Little Celtic Fairy said...

Hi Kirsty,
When will the programme be aired?
Also, I was just having a little snoop at the newest crafty mags, there was crafts beautiful with free papedrs....designed by you.. well done :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my I love that programme! Congratulations!

Hope Ellie is doing well xx

Louise

Anonymous said...

Fab!! Can't wait for the recipe for that pud - looks properly full-on lush!! Good Luck! Nina B

Sue said...

Well done on getting through. Good luck for the next round.

Glad Ellie is recovering.

Anonymous said...

Aw! Kirsty, can't you sneaky share the recipe? Do you know when it's going to be on air? Well done. Pleased Ellie is doing well. Jude.x

Anonymous said...

A master chef in the making. well done. you cant beat the old puddings, jam roly poly, apple/rhubarb crumble or eve's pudding - yummy. bring em on. luv dad x.

Shazza said...

Well Done Babes! ha ha. Good luck with the next round. Shazza x x x

Kelly said...

Yay Kirsty - Congratulations!! And I'm so glad that Belle is recovering well xxx

Angela Weimer said...

Kirsty, Congratulations! That is amazing. Cannot wait to see it! Glad Belle is getting better. Have a great weekend. Angela

Bettyann said...

congrats Kirsty...glad Belle is feeling better..

Tracy Blueberry Barn said...

Wow! Congratulations Kirsty! Can't wait to see the programme, when will it be shown?

So pleased to hear that Belle is recovering well.