Ladies Camera Club

15 Mar 2011

Laying ribbon across a card front

I get quite a few emails and blog comments about how I lay my ribbon the front of a card. I find its the best way to get it to lay both straight and flat AND without a fussy bow..... a knot will do.
I hate that the video is strobing (due to my choice of busy background). Steven Spielberg I am NOT!


Had fun with my friend Beth today. Instead of rolling up our sleeves and making loads of cards, I spent an age going through lots of unwanted craft supplies with her (lucky Beth!) but we did manage to snick in a quick make

Also Geek Bug is here. I haven't had the time to ProMarker them but did resort to a digi splurge this evening with Beth


and a quick digi burst on another one of the Bugs.
I must share two cards Lynda has made, using some of the new bugs. I love her card style....do pay her blog a visit, won't you?



Got a fun day planned for Wednesday..........Im venturing into Manchester again :)

7 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh I think geek bug is my fave of them all. she is so like me!!!! :)
have a great trip!

Lisa-Jane said...

Thank you for the tutorial Kirsty! It makes so much sense now and its so neat! Love those cards with your digi bugs too xx

Sue said...

Love the cards, especially the first one.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

I saw these on Lynda's blog. They're fabulous aren't they? x

Can't wait to bring Geek Bug to life! x

Bumblebee said...

I am very lucky! I love that martha stewart elephant too, I may have to borrow it!!!lol!!
I actually prefer knots to bows, so this suits me down to the ground! :)

Zarah said...

They're just sooooo dang cute!! Gonna play with them SOON! :D



Ps. Happened to boast a little about you on my blog. ;)

Di said...

Hi Kirsty! Well I never, I'd not (or should it be knot) thought about threading ribbon through a slit like this. Duh, sometimes I think my head's in the clouds! Thanks for the idea honey! Di x