Ladies Camera Club

18 Feb 2011

Metal/Canvas project and WINNER!

Its my day (the 19th) over at Tattered Angels and, this month, the theme is metal. Ok, foil is not technically a metal but Im sure alloys count! I used the ten second studio stuff which is pretty amazeballs and ran it through a cuttlebug folder to achieve that herringbone effect. It ended up being maxed out with ink, glaze and glam paint (along with the canvas) plus those little flower too. the colours I chose were orange, blue and green..... colours that scream to me whenever I visit the harbour at my mum and dads. Namely rusty hulls of boats floating in greeny blue waters. **sigh**
Damn the Glossy Accents taking AGES to dry in my super not-warm room. There is a line from a book I cut inside reading "treasured like gold dust". It will appear over the next millenium, at this rate!


Its quite possibly my favourite ever project, aptly named "Believe in yourself" and quite the reminder for my recently bruised soul.

And the winner of the letrajet is........REBECCA! Hooray, email me your details my loves x

11 comments:

Maz said...

Wow, this is fabulous and certainly worth the effort you've put in. Loving the sentiments on it. X

Zarah said...

Righty... Aim for couch, self - because here comes a big SWOOOOOOOON!

This is FAAAAAAAAAB!

Miss Natz said...

Mmmm, that is lovely!

Fiona said...

Beautiful work and great messages. Are your fingers still inky?

Sue said...

Really Fabby. Loving all the textures.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Beautiful! I´ve always loved your style and wondered how you choose all the bits & pieces you put together. I start and after the third at the most ... I hit a blank and stay there in front of my stash. *sigh*

Angela Weimer said...

Great project. so many lovely textures to look at. Fab. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Anonymous said...

awsum!
love to the curlygirl
Lulubelle x

Tracey said...

gorgeous, I love the colours

Lisa-Jane said...

This is so beautiful Kirsty! I love the colours and all the layers and twiddly bits. Can you come down south and teach it as a class pleaseums?!

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

love it and love ten second studio, if anyone wants any I have a nice little lot of it to sell!!

Jane
mail me at www.cheshiredesignhouse.blogspot.com
xx