Ladies Camera Club

13 Feb 2011

Alcohol without the hangover - video tutorial

When I nipped over to CHA last month with Letraset to show off Promarkers, I really did NOT want to sit all day colouring in stamps. I like colouring stamps but I don't LOVE it (I take my hat off to Jak Heath who is a rather great "colourer-inner"). What I do love about Promarkers (and Aquamarkers) are the other fun things you can do with them. I asked Letraset if they were cool with this and yes, they were!

I wanted to share you some of the techniques I demonstrated which captivated a new brand of customer base because, as you know, CHA is not just for cardmakers - it caters for illustrators, cartoonists, mixed media, painters and many craft hobbyists. I had to be diverse and boy did I have fun. And this afternoon, whilst making the video? Well, the kitchen smelled pretty much like a brewery..... I think I got a little high ;)

Below are some images of finished products using promarkers as a base......... can you believe that promarkers did those?

This metal sheet helped create the ATC below it


These prints here helped create the ATC below it


This inked piece of acetate helped create the ATC below it

These inked pieces here helped create the 2 ATC's below it

Now watch the video, below, to give you some idea how to stretch out their many uses and give your crafting a new lease of life - those chunky pens are worth their weight in gold, I kid you not.



Hope you enjoyed it :)

29 comments:

misstwinkletoe said...

Enjoyed watching Kirsty. You did a great job. Love Pat XX

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [12 Feb 10:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

rehtona ezarc ot eticxe emos eleoep

Suzie Q said...

Hi kirsty,
great ideas loving that tye dye effect, i have to fess though kept playing back to see if i could hear burp! lol x
Suzie qx

Sue said...

WOW so versatile.

She said...

Morning Kirsty..........thank you so much, I love my Promarkers and what good ideas you have given us to use them differently. I love your backgrounds and your ATCs are gorgeous. S x

Caroljenks said...

Kirsty I have been engrossed in your blog for the last hour! I've not been able to stop reading - it's fab! Will be looking out for you in March(ish)...Good Luck!

Fantastic use of Promarkers too - love the effects you've achieved!

Carol x

Katalytic said...

This is great, inspired to be a little more experimental with things I have at home. Thanks for sharing Kirsty

Maz said...

Great video, very inspiring! Silly really, I never thought of using them like alcohol inks - doh! X

Zarah said...

You're a goddess of creativity, luv!! These are FAB!

Elaine said...

Great video - thanks!

Kelly M said...

Fab. Thanks for the great tutorials on the Promarkers. I'm going to have to have a go now. Thank you for sharing. I'll be back to see the next vid you make.
Kelly :)

Darcy said...

great video, might just use this technique this week on my word prompt page.

Little Musings said...

OOOOOOOOOOO pretty!

Imagine that blending solution in a spritzer bottle!!!

Martha Richardson said...

Thanks for the tutorial...I see these in my future ;)

Noreen said...

Oh wow, love these fab ways of using Promarkers, thank you

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Great video - I love experimenting with my materials and agree promarkers so versatile. will need to order some blending solution and I suggest keeping a window open as I think the blending solution very strong. When my blending pen ran out I did experiment with a dash of vodka but it seemed a waste.

Debo said...

I can't wait to have a go at this technique (I think you've just given me the impetus I need to clear my desk!)

Also like the idea of putting the blending solution in a spritzer!!!!

Thanks!
Debbie

Tammy Tutterow said...

Awesome examples! I love how you can get such a similar look to the bottled inks applied with felts. So quick!

Mandy said...

You are just Awesome! Love these! Happy Love day to you sweet friend!

cla16e said...

Lovely tags, I love my pro markers.

Just wondering if you still doing the photography lessons? I can't find how to contact you about them. :o)

Anonymous said...

awsome,as per usual,Missy!
LOVED the vid of the Letrajet-that SO went to the top of my"gotta have" list,and was also mentioned to our buyers at my esteemed place of employment...
Big fat love to the Curlygirl
Lulubelle x

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Oooooooops! :)

ooooooh great vid!! I don't own any of these chunky bundles of goodness....i'll try it with some random inks i found at work....what is this blending solution?
Amazing cards and ATC's oooooh the ideas :)
Thank you for sharing :) xoxox

Clarky J said...

This is fab tut Kirsty I was compelled to share on the docrafts forum - Love your atcs - gorgeous x

Rachel Carlson said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS kirsty! i need more promarkers now. nat shared 3 with me but that was it. your tutorials are AMAZING, like magic. i watched all of them and learned so much. thank you!!! hugs my *dinky* friend.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

DJ Valbonne said...

Kirsty, these are amazing! I have got to try this sometime :)

Dee said...

Ths is fabulous, I've seen something similar done with distress inks but not with Promarkers before, I had no idea I could use them for this but I guess being alcohol based that now makes sense. Thank you so much.