Ladies Camera Club

21 Jan 2011

Alice was dreaming (and winner!)

This is a little something I made for Tattered Angels recently and the prompt was "glass". Using their very special edition "marmalade" glimmer mist, I decided to work on an Alice project that I have had in my head forever. It all started with that little teeny jar on the cover. I have loved these jars forever and they are so hard to get hold of.
I filled the jar with marmalade ink and tagged it with "drink me". I covered the slide holder covers in gesso and then some yellow paint. Then I inked up a tissue with marmalade glimmer mists and swirled the ink on the paint just before it dried. I then stamped and adorned the cover with various little lovelies.
The inside was covered in the same way. The memory glass has an acetate image of Alice attached to it. Its total perfection as you wouldn't know that acetate hid behind the glass. I have the image here for you to print onto acetate at your own leisure and do the same if you so wish.
You can click on the image and save it to your desktop - isn't it lovely?

I then printed an Alice quote onto acetate for the facing page and attached it with German scraps and finally added a 7 gypsies tag to hold the memory glass in place, tying it with hemp. I've promised this project to someone who I truly admire. I hope she loves it.

Winner
The winner of the massive bundle of Banana Frog stamps is: Layla
Can you post me your email address, you didn't leave one, chick. Ellie's pointy finger selected you - HOORAY

Talking of Ellie.....
I was so thrilled with the lovely comments and private emails that I received today. It prompted me to spend almost 3 hours on the phone with various support groups earlier - laughing, crying, heaving a huge sigh of relief. Im thinking things are on the up and of course, the fight continues. A special thanks goes to Caren who I found out lives local to me and of course, Lolly - Lolly, Lolly Loo Laa xx

3 comments:

Bettyann said...

alice is dreaming is beautiful...so glad you can see and hear that many people care about Ellie and you darling..take care xxx

Kate said...

Lovely project. Tim Holtz has just announced that he will launh those cute little jars into his range at CHA.

** Kate **

Sue said...

Fabby.

Well done Layla. Enjoy your goodies.

So glad you have got things moving with the help of some comments from your blog friends.