Ladies Camera Club

22 Dec 2010

Hand made Christmas cards - plus FREEBIE

I don't know about you but I only make cards for people who "like" them, does that make sense? Each to their own, I know, but there are people I know who look at hand made cards and think "Oh, she must be so poor that she has to make her own". It makes me scream with laughter.
For the lucky few, here is a taster of the few that I made.Everyone else? You got a bought one, to prove we are not on the breadline yet ;)

No time to make cards? Forgot someone and can't find your emergency stash of cards? I have a freebie for those who can print out at work or at home - HOORAY. This card is printed on Cream card using a cream card blank but it would look just as acevilles on white card. Just trim it with brown ribbon (or if at work, um....a shoelace??!!!) to finish and hey presto!grab the freebie HERE

And the winner of yesterdays giveaway goes to: SUE - hooray x

7 comments:

Rae said...

I TOTALLY agree! I only make cards for people who appreciate that kind of thing. to be honest, I've not really considered that some may think a handmade card 'cheap' but if they are someone that I know won't appreciate the blood, sweat and tears that went into it then they aren't worth the blood sweat & tears and I am therefore happy for M&S to take over! ;)

Sue said...

Thank you so much Kirsty. I just have to find your email address now.

Bettyann said...

I do the same..lovely card..have a very Merry Christmas Kirsty..

Anonymous said...

Keep the true meaning and the true and only reason for the season! That is the only important thing and if people are only worried about cards and gifts they have missed the real point of the whole reason why we remember others and so on at this time of year! Maybe many do not know..google it if you are not sure eg the true meaning of Christmas! Enjoy celebrating that special babies birthday!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [23 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Rinachiyya said...

What a gorgeous card you made and thanks for the freebie.
I often go to The Netherlands to see my family where I was born and raised.
They have wonderful supplies for 3 D cards that you have to cut out and than make. Over the years I bought so much and also card stock with envelops.
They have markets and beautiful stores. This year I bought for the first time pyramid style supplies.
It is less cutting and like you I only send them to people that appreciate and see the work involved.
I celebrate Hanukkah but have not found any supplies here yet in the USA.
It was my first time making Christmas cards for some of my friends. I also recycle some things to make cards.
Thanks for sharing your freebie. Hope to learn from you.

Happy Holidays

melanie said...

Rae-don't they know how much all that martha stewart glitter, etc. (that i'm addicted to) costs? haha!

yeah, i only send them to people who appreciate them...the others? they get nothing. thank goodness i have lovely relatives and friend who declare they are not 'crafty' and appreciate my handmade anything.