Ladies Camera Club

8 Nov 2010

She is almost 15

In 2 weeks, our girl will be 15. I can't honestly believe it. We have had 15 blessed years with her with many many more to come but 15???
Check me out with a card so previous!

And today? WOW - TODAY! I find that even though we have struggled to get help with her for the last 15 years, we struggle no more. Cutting a long story short we have been put in touch with an organisation that we can rely on for hope and support. Why I have never come across this or anyone has mentioned this to us before is a complete mystery but I thank a new friend, Nicky for giving me a link to it. The National Gulf Veterans and Families Association is a charity set up to help victims of the first and second Gulf war plus Afghanistan- be it the soldier, the caring wife or the child of a serviceman who has been affected by the crap they were injected with (and subjected to). And as Mark and I are still convinced that Ellies problems stem from NAPS tablets taken during Desert Storm, this organisation should help our plight to find answers and whom recognise the woes of families like us whom struggle to understand it all. I have been one very happy girl today and I hope that we can start unravelling the truth :) We are hoping they can help get Ellie a Blue Badge for parking (she uses a wheelchair but the DLA don't think she is disabled enough - sheesh, lets not got there with profanity) and hoping that they can raise her mobility status from low to at least medium because we sure as hell can't - even after a tribunal :( But that's the least of the problems we face, Im just dying to get in touch with other families to see if there are any comparison with illnesses and problems so we can truly identify where these problems stem from.

Here is another card for fun, to go in my emergency box for non previously planned occasions!
Im back in the zone with crafting - finally!

13 comments:

Bettyann said...

oh Kirsty, am crying happy tears for you and your family...am so glad that you found a contact in an organization that can do the yelling and screaming for Ellie...great news....

Paper Paradise said...

Looking forward to seeing some great photo's of the celebrations in a couple of weeks. Time just flies!!!!!x

Anonymous said...

wondering what the finished card will be like when all the pieces are sorted out. exciting times!

Mandi said...

Wishing you all the luck in the world with this new and bright corner you have turned!

hugs xx

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say - I am sad, but soooooo happy for you too. My DH was out by the time of the Gulf wars, but had the "privilege" of taking part in "experiments". I often wonder..... :-( But such good news - 15!!!! Well! How did THAT happen? It's only 2 minutes since she was 14. So pleased your creativity is back in full swing; looking forward to seeing more. (((hugs))) Jude.x

Kerry said...

I'm happy for you. Must be so nice to speak to people going through similar problems.

The mobility part of dla doesn't have a medium bit. I remember a speaker at our support group talking about it. It is either low rate or high rate which is incredibly difficult to qualify for as you know. How some of them do is beyond me though. That's a whole other rant though.

15 years! It has kind of snuck up on us has that one. Jack is 15 next week and it only seems like yesterday I was sat staring at him through an incubator in scbu. Now he is an inch short of 6ft. Time certainly flies!!

Sue said...

I am so glad you have find an organisation that will support you.

Loving the cards.

Kirsty Wiseman said...

Hey there anonymous, above.
Mind your own business and leave your sarcasm for the snack blog - not here

Kirsty Wiseman said...

Lol, I said snack blog.... Even funnier

Julia said...

Kirsty I am so pleased you have found this organisation that can back you and hopefully help you get more for Ellie. x

Sam said...

really pleased for you all, Kirsty. at long last!!! and don't they grow up quick - my 10 week prem baby will be 15 next month - don't know where the time goes!!

Debo said...

Beautiful cards, as always, Kirsty!! And I love your fashion drawings.

15! where does the time go? I do hope you can (ALL) now get the support you need and deserve!

(P.S. some people are just idiots!!)

Candace said...

Wonderful news, let these people help take some of the stress away from your family by letting them fight the insane politics that you have encountered
I only hope you are no able to move towards a happier stress free period & you can now get answers & the help & support the 3 of you deserve x