Ladies Camera Club

7 Sep 2010

Post 1500

.... was yesterday and I didn't even realise. Blogger has this tally which tells you so. It even tells me that, over 6 years of blogging, I have also had 20,343 comments. Yeeeks - that's an average of 13 per blog post. Thank you, commenter's x

So whats been going on today, hmmmmmm?
Well I taught a 1:1 photography session with Paul. I love this picture of him which I took with his camera (im so rude - I just nicked it and took a pic....just like that. I think he likes the picture though. I do!) Ive known Paul for a couple of years now and he loves crafting a LOT! He even taught me THIS super duper technique from lavvy roll.

As I went though the mathematics of photography, I could see the pain in his eyes for the first two hours (the first two hours are pretty heavy) but after a lunch out and a calm and relaxing atmosphere to practice in, he was shooting in Manual in no time, let along semi-automatic. I was thrilled with how he took to it so easy. It was a great afternoon, Paul....chuffed to bits to spend time with you, we did have a laugh - didn't we?

I have another 1:1 on Sunday and one on the 23rd plus I have space for 3 more this month if you are keen to get yourself out of automatic mode on your DSLR and learn how you can transform your basic snaps shots style into beautiful imagery.

PS: The crop tomorrow - you will need 2 x 6x4 photos... both portrait. Hope that helps a little.

11 comments:

Sue said...

That's a milestone and a lot of comments - all good I hope:)

Paul said...

It was a laugh indeed and a wonderful day. Yes my brain may have hurt at the beginning but after taking all those photos (160+) it has really sunk in. You made the whole day a lot of fun whilst drumming in those all important steps to setting up a camera to take photos. There must be 100s of people like me out there who need you like I did. Pxx

Fiona said...

I'm so glad you still want to keep posting after 1500 blog entries. Great photo of Paul, you make every one look so photogenic! (when I have my photo taken I'm always pulling a face or have eyes shut!)
What a fab bog roll technique.

Fi x

Bettythebaglady said...

Aha-now I know what Paul was doing on Friday. Love this shot of him Kirsty-he's a lot better looking than me and that shot is much better than the one on his blog.Hugs BettyXXX

Sandie said...

Well he's easy on the eye :P

1500 posts, wow!!

Jenny said...

That's alot of posts! Great photo too :) xx

Andie said...

Paul taught me the loo roll thing too. Hours of fun with loo paper ;-)

Andie said...

Paul taught me the loo roll thing too. Hours of fun with loo paper ;-)

Sue said...

Lavvy Roll? What exactly is this? Are you talking about toliet paper? Loo paper (my 1st clue). Is it done with water and when it dries it just all sticks together? I like the relief look and the new technique is intriguing.

Sue said...

Lavvy Roll? What exactly is this? Are you talking about toliet paper? Loo paper (my 1st clue). Is it done with water and when it dries it just all sticks together? I like the relief look and the new technique is intriguing.

Sue said...

Lavvy Roll? What exactly is this? Are you talking about toliet paper? Loo paper (my 1st clue). Is it done with water and when it dries it just all sticks together? I like the relief look and the new technique is intriguing.