Ladies Camera Club

30 Sep 2010

Love this layout

I don't always LOVE my layouts. I like making them and I enjoy putting them in an album knowing that an event has been marked in our family's history. But this layout? I just love it. I love the memory for starters as Ellie had the confidence to use a slide, something she has not been able to do much since or before. This was in was in 2006; a holiday in our beloved Menorca. That holiday was absolutely fantastic even if it was tinged with a few black spots here and there. But still. Her t-shirt was from a company called La Redoute. I absolutely love french clothing for kids (if and when I can afford it!). Look them up on ebay if you don't mind second hand clothes.....just gorgeous. I like this and its not even second hand!

Last night cropped yielded an abundance of beautiful layouts which were put on the Facebook Groups gallery. It is such a pleasure to be able to comment on them plus all other participants take the time to admire other peoples handicrafts too and also make comments. I'm not sure if you are like me but a comment or two on a layout sure boosts your confidence.

Going to go and enjoy the rest of my day with Belles who has an inset day from school. I cannot tell you how happy this has made her. A trip to Waterstones is on the cards..... ooooh real shopping, such fun!

10 comments:

Sue said...

I am loving this LO. The colours are so lively.

Sandie said...

It turned out beautifully Kirsty. Love the colours and yes, french clothes for kids are fabulous!! That colour top suits Ellie :)

Fiona said...

Fab layout and lovely memory.
I have a few things from La Redoute. -Great designs.

Maz said...

It's FAB! Had great fun at last nights crop! x

Anonymous said...

Another nice French company that I use is Cyrillus. I buy clothes for my DS from there as he is tall and slim.

Lovely layout!
Constantina

Lisa-Jane said...

Thank you again for Wednesday nights! Love your layout, wish I had half your "eye!" xx

patriziawithaz said...

I love your layout too Kirsty - it is just beautiful !! I love the photos of Ellie and the colours are fabulous x Thanks for the great sketch and although I watched I couldn't get my mojo in gear so I hope to do mine another day and post later. love Maria P

Sharon said...

Kirsty this is so beautiful - such lovely bright colours to cheer up a damp and miserable day. XX

Zarah said...

WOW! No wonder you love it. It's amaaaazing!

Leanne said...

La Redoute is fab usually use it in the sales as they have some fab stuff in that too. Great layout for a stunning young lady x