Ladies Camera Club

14 Sep 2010

JJ time, Winner and pretty pretty

First of all - the winner of the mini kit is
...................drum roll please...................
BETTY
yahoooooo!
Thanks to everyone that participated

So, JJ?
I went to see him on Friday with my Belle and in true JJ style, he had a full Mo-hawk for me to admire. I love these Bumbo thingies, great for kiddies who are growing and getting stronger... and he is, day by day. His hair makes me howl with laughter

And then I took this series of pics. It goes like this:

JJ: Im not interested - stop trying to attract my attention by making ridiculous screechy noises.


JJ: Ok , you got my attention - here is me poking out my tongue a little


JJ: Gadzooks, Auntie Kirsty - leave me the hell alone! (Literally laughing out loud at this picture!)


So onto my latest project.
Inspired by a mini tree I saw over at Marions shop a few weeks back I went and bought a massive polystyrene cone (well - taller than any I have ever seen in craft shops before) and made this rather fruity coloured tree. I've used ribbons from Fantastic Ribbons whose colour and style range is beyond exciting. And rather than decorate it in traditional colours, I went against the grain and have injected a bit of zing into this coney tree!

Its about 26cm high - great for centre pieces this christmas
A little close up - those ribbons sure look lickably delish
It was in the hallway when Mark got home and he said "Wow, this is fantastic". Take it from me, Mark is really hard to please. After I had got up from the floor from shock, I went on to make a pomander tree....more on that tomorrow :)

PS: Don't forget to join my online crop Weds 15th Sep at 8pm. I have set up both a Facebook group (HERE) which you can join or you can get the details on this blog. I will Ustream me making my layout (live) but be warned - it all goes pear shaped and I get cross looking for bits and pieces to go on my layout whilst cursing, laughing and sticking wrong things down.....you can join in on the chat...but more on that later.

17 comments:

kathleen said...

That is so yummy looking! Love the none traditional colors! Gorgeous, dahling!

Yvonne Russell said...

What a fab idea for a tree... love it.

Bettyann said...

oh thank you sweetie for the giveaway....so excited..

Sally said...

Fab tree. I can't believe how much your little nephew has grown. gorgeous.

Katie said...

Lovely decoration. The ribbons are delicious, did you buy them at Harrogate? x

Sue said...

JJ is just so adorable.

Love the ribbon tree.

Jenny said...

That is scrummy! And loving JJ's mohawk!

hello gorgeous said...

Hahaha! I LOVE JJ's pics, each and everyone seems to produce a speech bubble.....I heart the first pic.....he looks SOOO scrummy!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

patriziawithaz said...

Fantastic ribbon tree Kirsty - love the colours xox

Dolly said...

Mark is right it really is fantastic!

Kirsteen said...

What a cutie pie :) I love tree!! Great idea xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

AHHH I lurve Wee JJ and his cute hair. Hee hee sticking his tongue out at you. Thanks for sharing really cheered me up. The tree is amazing too. Hazelxox

Lisa Hemmings said...

He is gorgeous!!!
What did you use to attached the ribbons?
I love it....
Lisa xx

Jaki said...

I feel a tree coming on! I need me a cone. I am addicted to purchasing ribbons so now have justification for this excess

furrypig said...

Hi Kirsty I won some fabby stuff from you a while ago but not heard from you since. Did you get my email? Sorry to ask again, just worried it's lost in the post or you think I am rude for not thanking you. Many thanks Furrypig xxx furrypig3@yahoo.co.uk

Lisa-Jane said...

That is fab! Really looking forward to tonight and seeing you "perform!" xx

amber jane said...

mean blogger wouldn't let me post your comment over at my blog but I miss you too pet xxx