Ladies Camera Club

26 Sep 2010

Bubbah Juh and Momma, Wheat Free and stuff

Here is the star of my life show at the moment (besides my lovely Belle and my pooch!) with his Momma, Kerry. We only got to spend a little over 24 hours with my Bro and his wife this weekend and even less time with my sister :( As we barely get any visitors to our house, I just want to spend every waking moment with them - like not even go to bed!

So here is my token piccy of my sweet JJ for this very short post.
Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the online crop challenge from last Weds and also I will share a super duper project that Ive just put the finishing touches to!

Wheat Free
I'm trying to find snacky things I can enjoy whilst I trial going wheat free again. I admit the last time I did it I lost some bloating but I got fed up with disgusting gluten free bread :( Having found some ground rice in the supermarket today and knowing that gluten free flour is GORGEOUS (even in cakes), I'm trying to compile a list of "go to" items. Rice cakes are looking like my staple snack attack so far. I do love the salt and vinegar ones plus the caramel ones too. Can you give me any advice?

PS: I have been inundated with emails about 1:1 learn photography sessions so bear with me whilst I plough through them and give them a personal reply to each and every one!

13 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

My favorite rice cakes are Tamari with seaweed.. yummmmmmm...They are made by Lundberg..

Joy said...

My son is GF...think fruits,vegs,yogurt,yogurt covered rasins, trail mix, popcorn, hard boiled eggs, tortilla chips...a few snack ideas!

Gina said...

I used to love the Stamp Collection (ie Terence Stamp)breads when I tried to go GF several years ago, quite solid and cakey and lovely toasted with peanut butter...........oooh yum!!! Lakeland do a gluten free bread mix. Never tried it but might be worth a go.

JillythePink said...

Def worthwhile visiting PurelyDelicious.co.uk for fabulous home made gluten free bread & cakes. You can taste Julie's wares & get advice at one of the Farmers Markets she visits. See the 'news' section of her website for October dates. As well as being an amazing cook, julie's a busy mum & a bona fide earth angel! She lives not very far from you too Kirsty. Hope this helps. Good luck! Jilly x

angie said...

Hi Kirsty, love your blog. I try to be glutenfree, Nigella Lawson's Clementine Cake is made with clementine's (obviously!) and ground almonds instead of flour and it is GORGEOUS! You can also get cakes made with polenta instead of flour. Sainsbury's Free From range is also pretty good.

Gayle said...

My DD is WF and the only bread she will eat is the 'fresh' one from supermarkets... it is called Genius and is actually quite yummy... WF Cheese Crackers from Tesco/Sainsburys with a little piece of cheese or cheese spread, WF Breadsticks with Houmous or Cheese Spread to dip in, Plain Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter, Jam or Choc Spread on, I make cakes and Bics and Scones etc using the Dove Farms Wheat Free Flours which are nice, Tortilla Chips (beware tho some have wheat in the flavour :() with Salsa to dip, Popcorn, Oat Cakes either Savory or Sweet (beware tho some have wheat in too :(), Ryvita again either sweet or savoury - the raisin ones are yum so are the seed ones, You are What you Eat Fruit / Nut / Seed mix, cant think of what else she has at the mo - hope that helps... it is SOOO hard espec as its birthday party time at ours at the mo :(

Sue Bone said...

This blogger does lots of gluten free recipes http://www.latartinegourmande.com/

Sue said...

Fabby photo.

Hope you find loads of yummy suitable food.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

You can get rice cakes that have chocolate on them... always a fave of mine ;-)

Waitrose do a gorgeous GF bread - the best I ever tasted, I will try and find the name of it and let you know. It feels really dense and heavy but it tastes buddy gorgus!

x

Sharon said...

Oh wow how gorgeous is he! His beautiful mummy should be very proud of such a wonderful, precious bundle of fun x x x

scrapraffe said...

Sainsburys "free from" section is pretty amazing compared to any other supermarket, they may well have some nice wheat free snacky bits :)

bonjen3 said...

I agree with the other poster, the "Genius" bread is in a league of its own, you can even manage to eat it as a sandwich!
It was developed by the parent of a autistic child who had to go GF and wouldn't eat the brick hard bread.

CLARE said...

I have recently found this GF bread. So much nicer than anything I've tried before http://www.geniusglutenfree.com/

Clare x