Ladies Camera Club

6 Jul 2010

A lil something to cheer me up

Meh, feeling rotten today.
For about 4 or 5 weeks now Ive been sleeping through the day, feeling cosy when I sleep and feeling rubbish when I wake. I know I go to bed late (well I go at 1 to 1.30am as opposed to 3 or 4am like I did a few months ago) and I get up at 7.45. I take belle to school and come home and flop for 3 to four hours. I don't want to but I do. And then I wake up feeling rotten again. I just can't shake it. Hum :(

I eventually dragged myself from the sofa at the sound of the porch door opening. It could only mean one thing. POST! I hadn't been expecting anything from the likes of mail order so I could only assume it was DT work or surprise supplies.; it was the latter from Dyan. Wahoooooooo - an instant pick-me-up. Inside were 8 shiny new bottles of bright spray inks from her Altered Originals range complete with no mica. Just bright inks to swizz up a project or two.
And best of all she has asked me to join her am-uzing DT where I will be shyly rubbing shoulders with Dyan herself, Bezzie Su, Kate Crane and Dina Wakely! Shut up, I know! Things are going to get messy round here.

By teatime I was feeling somewhat human so I whipped up a couple of tags using the inks in spray and drag form to make a tag with the packaging from the DT gift from Dyan

(click on the images to enlarge)

and a random one to add to my quote collection (Did I tell you that I love quotes?!)
Sooooooooooooooooooo....
Yesterday I taught a 1-2-1 basic photography class. I enjoy these and watching people get to grips with their DSLR. Ive not been doing a great deal of photography, myself, lately due to commitments with the CD Roms but I fell back in love with it as the day progressed. So much so that I am going to book myself on a course to help improve my exposure which I struggle with on bright days. I do manage but often resort to sunny 16 when Im in a pickle (not always a good thing).

Here is my lovely student of whom I took a picture during the composition stage of the lesson. I think she made a great student and I hope she goes on to love the mathematics that is aperture and shutter speeds.
If you still want to take advantage of the free chipboard from yesterdays post, do join in. I have gazillions to give away:)

17 comments:

Miss Natz said...

Mmmmm that spray ink looks so lush, must resist!

Zarah said...

CONGRATS on the spot! Can't wait to see what you'll make - because I'm sure it'll be FAB! :D

Hullabaloo said...

It's the MATHEMATICS that is the hard part Kirsty!!!!!

Hope you're feeling better soon.
And Love your new goodies. I'm sure playing with them will brighten your mood. With colours that yummy , how could they fail?

Sue said...

Congratulations on the DT.

Love your creations.

Hope you soon feel much better. As it's been going on for a while, maybe a trip to your doctor is in order.

Sharon said...

Hope you're feeling a little better sweetie. Thinking of you. Love, Sharon x x x

Angela Weimer said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love the tags. I cannot wai to pick up my sprays from the shop. can't wai to see more. Angela

mustavcoffee said...

OOh Kirsty if that parcel had landed on my doorstop I'd have been all a tremble, it looks delicious. You have made some fab tags :)
Sorry to hear about your sleeping patterns,it's awful to get out of a decent pattern, I really hope you can get it sorted soon:{

Maz said...

Oooh, treated myself to a little Art from the Heart goodness last night...eagerly awaiting my parcel as a few of those inks may have snuck their way into my basket! x

lynmcf said...

I am a spray ink addict ... been making them out of anything I can get my hands on ... these look LUSH!

Bettyann said...

hey girlie...worried about the fact you are so bloody tired all the time...go and get some blood tests..maybe low thyroid..anemic...check it out okay!!!!!!!

Pat said...

Feel better soon Kirsty.
Love the quote on the bottom tag - wish it was that simple :) xx

thekathrynwheel said...

OOOOh love your tags :-) Quite often the only thing I wear to bed is spray ink haha!

mumtomanyuk said...

Hi Hon
Hope you are feeling better today. Have sent you an email. Just catching up with your blog. Love the chipboard (any left?).
Photos of your Belle in Wales are gorgeous.
Mal

Sue said...

oooooooooooooooooo Wow They look Yummy ! Congratulations ! xx

Dylan said...

Hi girly girl. Love what you did with our packaging, lol. trust you. Try not to spray Eddie won,t you..?? Design team play day next week, you up for it..??? missie love xx

Patt said...

congratulations on being part of the dt, I just found your blog and love it!!! thanks for sharing your lovely work and talent! hugs

patt130275@gmail.com

Princess Danell said...

I'm loving all of your amazing tags. May have to lift an idea or two. Thanks!