Ladies Camera Club

1 Jul 2010

I broadcast but I don't record

Oh and I thought it went pretty much hitch free!

WRONG! Apart from almost scolding myself to death with the glue gun and pricking my finger with a needle I was certain all had gone swimmingly (Im talking about my live webcast last night). He heeeeee, Im not sure how many people tuned into me in my kitchen as I slogged through 5 hand crafted flower demo's but all seemed well until the end, where I discovered that you are supposed to hit broadcast and record at the same time, instead of just broadcast. Bum bags :( This mean there is no video of the live show to watch and only those watching live, got to see it.

Here are 5 of the flowers I demo'd - all pretty and flowery. The aim is to make 101 flowers using different materials so that you can be sure of having access to quick makes for paper crafting, dressmaking and other home style decor using very simple techniques via my kitchen and my portable chopping trolley!
I have to say that I really enjoyed it and seeing people interact on the live chat at the same time but what was weird was seeing me split into two. The left hand part of my screen shows me live and the right shows me, ten second previously. Hilarious. I could see where I went wrong, literally, although I didn't technically get anything wrong. I also loved that Ellie was brave enough to join me for 30 seconds too; I might feature her again or maybe the dog. Mark won't come anywhere near the camera so that's a blessing for you all ;)

**sigh**
I promised to throw my samples into a "giveaway" so if you want to win my flowers (numbers 5 of 101), leave a comment below.

PS: Im re-recording the show again so that whoever missed it can watch the quick demos whenever they get the chance. Ill put a post here when that is done so you can go and see it.

31 comments:

Kim said...

Hahahaahah Your time is different than my time (holland) so i don't know how late i have to watch.
Stays it permently?
So i can watch later?

I hope so!!!!!
I I want to win the flowers!!!

Lfs!

Pat said...

Hi Kirsty, I was all set to watch you, computer on and ready, saw the first bit although I had to listen very hard as you was speaking twice with a delay then the computer crashed, tried for next hour to sort it but no luck!!! Loved the felt flower just saw the beginning, pitty cant watch it again, but never mind.

Patx

Scrapping4fun said...

I missed the live broadcast but eagerly await the re-recorded version!

Kate said...

I saw the broadcast last night Kirsty you did great. I missed the beginnindg of it though :-(
I was gonna watch the recorded version but will watch the re-recorded one ;-)
I'd love to win the flowers they're gorgeous!
Will you be doing more tutorials??
I hope so!

Katy said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeep i watched you chick, it was fab you did so good. I also got to see the uber cute bell :D

Now i would lubs me some of your flowers please, and i was sweating with ya and i saved you some chocolate digestive biscuits to :D see im kind and i share.

Much love Katy xx (i was pinklady2281)

Clarky J said...

Wondered what happened couldnt join you live but then couldnt see what you had done later either now it all makes sense! Shame but hey I would love to win the flowers!

Suzy said...

Flowers look gorgeous. I couldnt manage to make my computer watch you live so looking forward to seeing a recording. Would love to win your flowers though

Suzy x

Just call me G said...

Looking forward to re recorded version as I was at a Cancer Research meeting last night x

Sue said...

Glad it all went more or less ok. At least next time you will know what to expect and to press the record button:)

I hope I win the flowers.

Lynn said...

Glad everything went OK for you last night. I couldn't watch live as I was out but thought I would be able to see a recording later. But I couldn't work out how to and thought I must be doing something wrong ... now it all makes sense. Never mind you will know what to do next time, looking forward to seeing the re-recorded demo.

Lynn x

lynmcf said...

I cant believe I missed this ... I thought it was tonight! Looking forward to the next one!

patriziawithaz said...

I was ready and waiting for you last night and I wasn't disappointed. I saw everything from beginning to end and loved all your 5 flowers ( even made notes - what a swot I am !!). I didn't register so I couldn't make comments but it was all very good and lovely to see. Thanks a lot xx

Sam said...

a-ha!! that explains why I couldn't watch it after!! glad it went ok for you Kirsty (even tho I didn't see it!) I'll try better next time.xx

Fiona said...

My computer said 75 people were watching you, but I didn't see Ellie so I must have missed the start.

Sharon x x said...

Glad you enjoyed the show. Couldn't make it to the computer in time and glad you're re-recording it as would love to see you demo the flowers - a girl can never have enough flowers... Sharon x x x

demi's cards said...

Hi Kirsty would love to win some flowers love yor style and ideas thank you Demi x

CleverCrafter said...

Sorry I missed it, I have a class every Wednesday until 9pm...so sorry. Please next time can it be a different day...Pretty please

lanniesmum said...

Loved your broadcast,Kirsty and it was wonderful to see Ellie. Like all the flowers and managed to get some florists crepe paper today for crepe flower.

Candace said...

Sadly I missed it, family thing I couldn't get out of! Hope you can record so I can watch.

Must say I do like the chocolate brown (felt?) flower

Candace

Bobs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobs said...

I thought you did wonderfully! 'Twas lovely to see Ellie too.

The chat was fun and I can't wait till the next one!

Love, Bobs
xxx

pollypurplehorse said...

I was unable to watch the live show and so tried to see if it could be accessed later, but I thought maybe wasn't clicking the right buttons :D looking forward to seeing the re-recording!! :)

Lisa Hemmings said...

Kirsty, well done!
I couldn't watch as we had friends over from Ireland, it would have been a bit rude of me!! I can't wait to see the video, and of course, I would love to win the flowers!!
Love Lisa xx

Kirsteen said...

Yay, so glad you are re-recording as I missed the live show. Kx

Sue Ramsay said...

Well I watched and thought it was brilliant - you are very brave as well as talented! Well done. xxxx

Gemma said...

I watched although I was straining to listen cuz my laptop's kinda old! Great job with the first 5!

Dolly said...

Lovely stuff, I caught the tail end of the live show, will be watching the recorded show later

Clare said...

I managed to catch the whole thing, I had a little trouble getting the "chat" to wrk, but got there eventually. It was great to feel part of the broadcast Kirsty and lovely to see Bel come and say hello

Clare

Pat said...

I watched the broadcast, it was fab! Loved the flowers, loved your kitchen, and loved seeing Ellie live! She is a stunner!
Had a spot of bother with Chat too, but got in in the end x

Faith said...

Gorgeous flowers I love thee so!

Lynn said...

I missed the live show but managed to catch the recording - so glad you did this, those flowers are wonderful!